why cant i just play game from a disc?

Discus and support why cant i just play game from a disc? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; got the new xboxe 1s was gutted cant just play games straight away? why do ya have to do wahgt it does this iis crazy `... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FungalVolcano2, Dec 25, 2016.

1. why cant i just play game from a disc?

got the new xboxe 1s was gutted cant just play games straight away? why do ya have to do wahgt it does this iis crazy `

:)

FungalVolcano2, Dec 25, 2016
  2. Error 0x87DD000F

xbox has become a joke. Why cant I just play a game

SugarierBread76, Dec 25, 2016
  3. beachbum RIZ
    beachbum RIZ Guest
    Sony's deal with Viacom

Why cant they just stick to games? I have a TV for my TV M$ and sony, makes Games. When did this industry go from a game industry to a media industry that can maybe play games sometimes. I see why people are going pc...

beachbum RIZ, Dec 25, 2016
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

xbox one, is there a way to play game without installing first

Xbox one games cant play from disc. Data transfer from bluray just isnt fast enough thats why every game needs to be installed 1st. The disc is then required to be in the drive to verify you still own it
  5. thawkprime21 Win User

Find a way to be able to play all your disc based games

Why does it have to be a joke. Why cant i just want to be able to keep the few games i play all the time in the X1 to not have to worry about always changing the game when a friend comes online and wants to play COD and im playing madden. Why cant it just
    work like old CD players that hold multi discs.
  6. smw007 Win User

Backward compatability

i just got a xbox one console and was trying out the backward compat feature using my lego star war tcs disc. however i found no option to INSTALL FROM DISC. the only option is internet downlod which is so SLOW. why is this so ? i have game disc in drive
    that has all the game data so why cant i install from there, it is so much faster than download from internet.
  7. Caddahaulic Win User

Pro DRM why ?

Why do some people think that since removing the 24hr checks & DRM and all they cant play from Hard Drive?

Helloo McFly.. They didnt remove downloading games!! If you hate discs that much, just buy all your games thru download.. Look Maa no discs.. For the Family sharing.. I dont see why they couldnt still do that for Digitally Purchased games... That
    would be best of both worlds and make us all happy.. You buy a disc, you can play offlne as long as you want so long as disc is in drive... You buy digital and leave plugged in, you can family share & swap.... Genius...
  8. ShawnKneher Win User

Calling It Quits After 12 Years of Owning an Xbox

"Why would you go to PS4? That won't play your 360 games and isn't backwards compatible either. These sorts of stories are just getting old now. Your Gamerscore doesn't really suggest you've ever played much Xbox anyway....."

Alot of stuff on PS4 actually is backwards compatible. I was suprised to find out when I hooked mine up over the weekend once i loaded my account I could down load some games I already purchased that had been ported to PS4 already. I understand why Microsoft
    cant support the disc based games, since the physical disc format is changed from the 360. I dont understand however why they cant create an emulator or at least have some of the bigger arcade games ported over, as Sony has done.
Thema:

why cant i just play game from a disc?

1. why cant i just play game from a disc? - Similar Threads - why cant play

2. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  6. Why I cant play gta 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cant play gta 5: My game worked until the update and now I can't play 2c7db40d-b1e8-4bd0-b098-d332946ca19f
  7. .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox: Hi. I just bought xbox live gold(core) and i want to play forza horizon 3 online but the option doesnt open in the game. On my profile it says that i am able to play online, so i redeemed the code...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?: i preordered MW3 and when i enter the game it just shows me that all game modes are locked until i buy the game. i don’t understand why it wants me to purchase it again. i have already had issues...
  10. Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?: The account that pre ordered the game is the home xbox on the console, but it wont let the other accounts on there play it. Other games that are shared by the home xbox account still work....