Why can’t I join Minecraft servers and realms?

Discus and support Why can’t I join Minecraft servers and realms? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there- I can’t seem to join realms or servers on Minecraft suddenly. I was always able to before, but suddenly I’ve been unable to in the past... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kip1634, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Kip1634
    Kip1634 Guest

Hello there- I can’t seem to join realms or servers on Minecraft suddenly. I was always able to before, but suddenly I’ve been unable to in the past weeks. I get the “You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up…” message, however I’m certain it’s set up correctly. Like I said before I’ve been able to play for years before this and even own my own realm, and none of my account settings have changed. Why else is this occurring?

:)

Kip1634, Mar 3, 2023
  2. Redshirt1701 Win User

Minecraft realm for family, children can't login

From Minecraft/Microsoft -

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-multiplayer-server-safety

“Join Multiplayer Games” Settings
    If you have your settings set to block joining multiplayer games, you can’t join any multiplayer games in Minecraft, including shared local worlds, Realms or servers. To enable multiplayer in Minecraft, make sure this setting is set to ‘Allow.’

However, just like ASCllnaut, that setting was already turned on for my children. In other words I'm in the same boat, we can play on the LAN but not on a realm.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

It seems that you are using a child account. So what you will need to do first is to create a parent account on https://account.live.com, make sure it is a parent account and the birth date should be above 21 years old then login to the Microsoft account on Xbox.com to create a profile.

Once the parent profile has been created, please follow the steps on this link to add your child account with the parent, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/...

After doing the steps above, sign in to the parent account using this link, https://account.xbox.com/settings

Select your child account there so that we can modify the privacy settings of it then under the tab Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.

Be sure the options You can create and join clubs and You can join multiplayer games are allowed.
  4. SteevenUnciano Win User

Minecraft

Hi

Are you talking about a Realm server or online multiplayer servers? Also, which version do you have? (Java or Bedrock)

Minecraft Realms | Minecraft

Minecraft mojang i dont now if realm server or online multiplayer servers
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

I can’t join in realm in the minecraft

Hi there Black, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

To play Minecraft online, you need to go to the following website, log in with your account, and modify your privacy settings:

https://account.xbox.com/settings

You should set the following options to "Allow" and save the changes:

* You can play with people who are not part of Xbox Live.
    * You can create and join clubs.
    * You can join multiplayer games.
    * You can add friends.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Greedypig212 Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Edition Windows 10 - Realms and client not syncing up

Thank you for your reply,

I tried to connect again, (Ping: 16ms, Download: 17mbps, Upload: 9mbps) with no drop in wifi. This is a realm bought from Minecraft (so I presume it is running off their servers). When I tried to join, other people were in the realm at the time.

Connecting to a friend's world normally works just fine (hosting or joining) but not realms.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I join Minecraft servers and realms? - Similar Threads - Why can’t join

2. Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join unofficial or official servers on ark ascended?: I have bought ark ascended on my Xbox and I have also bought a nitrado server, whenever I try to join any server on ark ascended the mods download fine but then my screen just stays on “joining...
  3. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?: I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some reason console cannot. I have tried to find a...
  4. Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says...: Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says connecting then party encountered an error. This has gone on for the last 2 days, Thank you...
  5. Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over?: Me and my friend play Minecraft a lot but but when she comes over it doesn’t work. We are on the same internet (which works fine) and we both have the same versions of Minecraft. This has not...
  6. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  7. Why can’t I join any matches in halo mcc Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join any matches in halo mcc Xbox: I play halo mcc on Xbox and I can’t find any games, I put on every category and still cannot find a game is there any way to fix this? d9ee729d-d503-4ce0-9ab2-5fac50af591c
  8. Why can’t my friend on pc join my ark server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend on pc join my ark server: Hi, I’m trying to play ark with my friend and we have a little problem, he can’t see the invites i send so he can’t join and he has no other way to join, yes we both have the same game from the...
  9. Why can’t I join my friend private sessions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I join my friend private sessions?: I can’t join my friends private sessions or worlds, everytime he creates a private game and invites me it always says “failed to join”, all of our other friends can join his game. And it’s the...
  10. Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t i join a discord server to talk to my friends over xbox: discord servers discord serves error 100f4b73-cb6f-4d8c-b663-937bbf45dc54