Why can't I join a xbox party?

Discus and support Why can't I join a xbox party? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Whenever I try to join one It is greyed out and won't let me join, but I can make one. I tried going through my social settings and everything is... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by DAThompson, Dec 13, 2023.

1. DAThompson
    DAThompson Guest

Whenever I try to join one It is greyed out and won't let me join, but I can make one. I tried going through my social settings and everything is correct, so just looking for any advice.

:)

DAThompson, Dec 13, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Why can't I join parties?

Hello Cole B, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're having trouble joining groups on Xbox. Here are some steps you could follow to solve the problem:

Verify that your antivirus is not blocking the application's output to the Internet and that your Internet connection does not have any port restrictions.
    Try deleting the Xbox app and then adding it.
    Run PowerShell in Administrator mode. Then enter this command: Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage. Once it finishes loading, reinstall the app with this other command: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register \"$ ($_. InstallLocation)\\AppXManifest.xml\"}.
    Restart your Operating System and check if you can now access the Xbox App.
    If the problem persists after following these steps, you could try changing your account privacy settings.

I hope this helps you solve the problem. If you have more questions or if the problem persists, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello DAThompson,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to join Xbox party and play multiplayer. There could be several reasons why you are unable to join an Xbox party. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to support online gaming.

2. Check your Xbox Live subscription: Ensure that your Xbox Live subscription is active and up-to-date.

3. Check your NAT type: If your NAT type is set to strict, you may not be able to join parties. Try changing your NAT type to open.

4. Check your privacy settings: Make sure that your privacy settings allow you to join parties.

5. Restart your console: Sometimes, simply restarting your console can fix the issue.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello DAThompson,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

5. MLG G4M3R45 Win User

feedback? how?

Ugh! There's still a bug that keeps me from joining partys'. I tried joining my friends party but it kept on saying can't connect to xbox live party, same for my friends, they can't join my party's unless they reset their (turn off/turn back on) xbox.
  6. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Strict NAT and "Can't get a Teredo IP address" error

Well I can't join a party says party chat unavailable at this time and my Nat type is strict and I can't join my friends good job Ms bring out a console that U can talk or play with yafriends why even include a mic
Thema:

1. Why can't I join a xbox party? - Similar Threads - Why can't join

2. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  3. Why can't i join or host a terraria server?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i join or host a terraria server?: Hi I bought terraria one month ago to play it with my friends. However i needed game pass ultimate, so i bought it to play multiplayer. When i want to play multiplayer i can't join a server, when...
  4. Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join my personal minecraft worlds?: Whenever I go to join one of my personal worlds, the message: Disconnected due to an unexpected type of packet received which cannot be processed, pops up on my screen. I don't know why this is,...
  5. Why can't I join parties?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join parties?: I cannot join parties or send messages despite no suspensions, the message "your xbox profile is not able to join parties" appears when I try clicking on the join party button on my friends...
  6. Why can't I join a LAN world?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join a LAN world?: I'm trying to connect to my sister's LAN world, and I get the error message Failed to connect to the server Connection timed out: no further information. I'm using an OMEN Laptop and the Java...
  7. Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my brother join realms or any other online activities in playstation online when...: Made the family and saved all the information stating that he can talk and communicate with online people, play cross platform, nothing is age restricted I dont understand why his account is...
  8. Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I join my ps4 friends in minecraft while I'm on nintendo?: im on nintendo with a microsoft account and nintendo live. why cant i join my friends that play on a ps4, and dont have a microsoft account? I don't have realms, and neither do my friends on ps4....
  9. Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I join or host servers? P2P/SIG: no_session(3): I was playing Minecraft Education Edition on my school account and I could play with no disruptions or problems but suddenly out of nowhere, I couldn't host a server or join other player's...
  10. Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join a minecraft realm for a friend on PS5 but I can for a friend on PC?: Whenever I try to accept a realm invite from a friend (their on PS5) it tells me that my privacy settings don't allow it and that it could be because I'm in a family. I'm not in a family and I...