Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?)

Discus and support Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; *EDIT*** The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mars G, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Mars G
    Mars G Guest

*EDIT***

The issue might be caused by the other SSD. So Normally I use my E: Drive as the location for my game installs, but for some reason Xbox/Microsoft will not install anymore games onto it. I have 300gbs available but it wont show it as a location available on Microsoft store and when choosing default location on the Xbox app it shows all my drives but when pressing the E: Drive it just bounces back to default. When pressing on D; drive, it stays on D. I tested this buy downloading Payday3 onto my D drive and it has worked.

So the question is, why all of the sudden is my E: drive "suspected" to not be compatible anymore.

it is formatted to NTFS and I've used it before.

I have not yet tried Forza5 on my D; drive as it does not have the amount of storage required. Which is why I used to have it on my E; drive but had to un-install it due to the issue of it stopping the update install at 100% and then re-installing did the same thing.

I have Xbox Game pass on my PC, and I have used it for 4 months now. I have installed and played many games including Forza Horizon 5, which is where this issue starts.

there was an update for Forza5 and so I installed it but it kept having an error at 100%. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game and it still did not fix the issue. I found another forum where Microsoft gave the person on options to fix the issue and I tried every single one and still... nothing. I said screw it maybe its just Forza and so I went and installed payday3. well, still the same issue. payday3 stops at 59% and has the same error code. error code is 0x80073d0d and this is for every game now that I try to install. now the other games that ARE installed still work, game pass is active, and files are repaired and verified.

mind you, I have 3 drives, c, d, and e. all my games go to E as that is my designated game drive, and I tried maybe installing the game through Microsoft store however the install options do not even show my E drive as a compatible drive. if that helps at all.....

please help, thanks

:)

Mars G, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Mars G,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to install Xbox games however, Xbox app is no longer chooses Drive E. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This could be cause of the PC Settings was set to different drive for new apps installation. Please try to change it by following the steps below:

1. Close Xbox app and Microsoft Store.
    2. Go to PC settings (Press Windows + I).
    3. Click on System
    4. Click on Storage
    5. Click on Advance Storage settings.
      • The click on Where new content is saved
      • Under "New apps will save to:" have the user choose the driver they want Apps, meaning games will install.
    6. Then launch Xbox app and change the default save location from that app as well.
    7. See if you can install update and new games on Drive E. Please let us know if you see any issues by sharing to us a screenshot (conceal your personal information like gamertag, email address and full name).

We look forward to your update.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. it's ok thnx đź“Ž Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

Thanks. I think I know what the problem with this game was - I have a gaming drive (E:) and a Windows installation drive (C:). the Xbox app on pc always tries to default back to C: drive even if you set E: in settings. When the game updated and was installing, I noticed it was installing to the incorrect C: drive. I quickly changed this to E: in settings and hoped it would be ok, seeing as only a small amount of data had started to install.

I think that's where it went wrong.

Anyway, do you know why the drive keeps defaulting back to the Windows installation drive (C:) for game installs even when you change the drive in Xbox App settings? It's very annoying having to keep remembering to make sure it's changed to the E: drive whenever I need to install anything.

Because of this defaulting the Xbox app also keeps placing an 'XboxGames' folder in my C: root, which I have to keep on deleting before I change the game save drive to E: in the Xbox app settings, so the games are installed to the correct XboxGames folder in E:.
  5. jan bakker2 Win User

how do i fix minecraft launcher

hey Nilay i cant instal the minecraft launcher anymore do u have an idea why??
  6. stuartdavies5 Win User

Xbox PC app doesn't allow me to install games on external hard drive

why has this happened it was perfectly fine a few months ago and now this so the games i already have spent downloading to the external drive need to be formatted? Why cant we just leave things alone????? always have to update why it just breaks stuff

the existing games on external drive are still working so why cant i install new games to it i have 2.49TB Available this needs fixing MICROSOFT!!!! its hours of downloads and a drive that is now rendered useless

Windows still sees drive and allows app store apps to be installed only XBOX app says otherwise WHY?
Thema:

1. Why cant I Install Games anymore? (suspect is E; Drive?) - Similar Threads - Why cant Install

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. why I cant install racing wheel drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why I cant install racing wheel drivers?: why I cant install racing wheel drivers? I get this error and cant solve the problem, help me to solve this please... 4143c1d7-679e-4aa1-aecb-9597383a149c
  5. Why cant I install minecraft bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install minecraft bedrock: Im trying to play Minecraft bedrock but its not letting me install. Its showing a frown face. Whats the prblem. 8d89f843-2c58-46d5-ba3e-70f955f1d492
  6. Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I cant install xbox games intob xbox for windows 10: Hello, I have a subscription xbox pas games ultimate , with this subscription I can play lots of xbox games on my pc. I have an external hdisk where I prefer install my games. I set in general...
  7. i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???: i bought 109.99 diablo iv version why i cant install it???i can download only the base version omg i payed 100 plus euro for nothing? 6225b88e-d2f8-461e-8dce-aae2dd961a54
  8. Why i Cant install D4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i Cant install D4?: Hallo, i bought the Game at first as normal Version. After that i bought the deluxe Version at the Store. Why i can't Play it now. Thank you for the help. Best greetings. Arkadius...
  9. Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I install my Fable 3 for PC anymore and why do I need windows (or xbox) live for...: I have owned Fable 1 and 3 for the PC for years. I have purchased all of the DLCs and played them several times. Now that miscrosoft killed windows live.... I can no longer play Fable 3. I try to...
  10. why cant i download install or update my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download install or update my games: whenever i click download or cancel or install it just sits at zero percent the entire time and it does literally nothing it just sits there i need help please im on xbox game pass for windows 10...