Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

Discus and support Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZoeTaylor2, Apr 9, 2023.

1. ZoeTaylor2
    ZoeTaylor2 Guest

Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox...

I bought a turtle beach headset (x70) with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear anything through the headphones. I’ve checked the headphones work (PlayStation and IPad) headphones work fine. Xbox controller no sound at all.

I went through all the menus checked all the settings, changed to stereo uncompressed and windows sonic neither work. Checked to make sure to play audio and chat through speakers still nothing. It’s a brand new controller and Xbox bought 3 days ago. Made sure controller was updated, reset Xbox I’m just at a loss what to do next.

The volume is turned all the way up on the headphones and on audio options on my Xbox

Any help would be appreciated I’ve read the guides followed the troubleshoot guides but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be the controller?

:)

ZoeTaylor2, Apr 9, 2023
  2. ZoeTaylor2 Win User

Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox controller?

Thanks, I’ve tried cleaning it but the headset is still not working with the controller. I’m going to take the controller back to the shop tomorrow and get them to check.

Thank you for your help
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox controller?

Got it! Try cleaning the port first on the controller just to check if that will help. It would have also been best if we could try it on another controller but since you have tried it on other devices and nothing is wrong on your settings anymore, this issue might already be from the controller itself.
  4. ZoeTaylor2 Win User

Thank you for the advice, it was the controller it was faulty. The shop exchanged it for another one and this one works perfectly.

Thank you again for all you advice
  5. ZoeTaylor2 Win User

Hi

I haven’t got another Xbox controller but I’ve tried on PlayStation controller and my IPad and the headphones work fine. They just won’t work with Xbox controller.

The controller I brought 3 days ago.

Thanks for your reply
  6. Ronnieee Win User

Alright, that would be great. No problem and thanks for trying as well. Have a good day!
Thema:

1. Why can’t I hear anything through my brand new wired headset when I plug it into my Xbox... - Similar Threads - Why can’t hear

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?: When I play in teams, I can’t hear anybody? I can hear people when in the lobby but nothing when the game starts? Any help? a482bade-63d2-47d7-b857-ed32b0adad5d
  7. I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear me teammates in Fortnite but I can’t be heard why?: I got this Xbox one 3 days ago and the voice chaye worked perfectly fine until today at first I couldn’t be heard but I fixed it. Then later on I couldn’t be heard at all I reset my counsel and...
  8. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  9. Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?: My friend cant add me or hear me in party chat after I blocked him by accident. 82e8969b-5b8d-4054-b015-10cf595a4120
  10. why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t i hear anything or anyone on game chat with my headset?: i can hear friends on party chat but can’t hear anything or anyone in game chat with my headset on but can hear it through the tv. i’ve tried everything and all my settings are right. i’ve tried...