Why can't i get a refund for a Game DLC that i have paid for twice?!?

Discus and support Why can't i get a refund for a Game DLC that i have paid for twice?!? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; on March 4 i wanted to buy the DLC For the game Metro Exodus "The Two Colonies" since i couldn't purchase it from the Xbox PC Beta App because my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ethan Bokobza, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Why can't i get a refund for a Game DLC that i have paid for twice?!?

on March 4 i wanted to buy the DLC For the game Metro Exodus "The Two Colonies"

since i couldn't purchase it from the Xbox PC Beta App because my windows system was set to another region.

i purchased it on the Microsoft Store website.

so i completed the purchase and i wanted to play it,

i go to the windows store app and try to install the DLC

and it says You have no applicable device linked to your account

after that i go to my microsoft account and see that i do have my PC linked to my account

so i tried to look for answers on the web.

non helped. also tried to restart my pc. that didn't work either.

so i figured this wouldnt work and tried to look for other ways

so i thought about that i couldn't buy it on the xbox store and i thought about changing the my region to my country i did that and it worked after that i wanted to ask Microsoft Support if i will get a refund if i buy the same DLC in the Xbox Beta App.
    and they said i quote "you will get your money ethan" so i trusted him/her and i went to the xbox beta app and paid for the dlc again while 100% sure i will get a refund because it was an error on microsoft behalf. a glitch in the system that prevented me
    from playing the game in the first purchase.

so i file a refund for the first purchase and 1 day after it i get an email "We can’t provide a refund to this request. Our refund policy does not allow
    refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed. Thanks for understanding. " this tells me they didn't check the situation. and
    denying me the refund for an item that i paid twice for.

so i try again. and i also talk again to Microsoft Support chat

and they say reply your order number to the email refund ticket and i did.

and i got denied again.

so i try again the Microsoft Support chat explained the whole situation. they said they
    would pass it to the refund team and it will take 1-3 business days

and i get an email saying "The decision on your request still stands. We are not able to disclose further information regarding this refund decision."

they don't want to give me a refund for no reason.

it's your fault that i paid twice for the dlc.

its not the consumer fault that your system doesn't work correctly.

i want my refund!

i'm not requesting for both purchases!

only for the first purchase!

:)

Ethan Bokobza, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Korhog Win User

if you paid twice, a bank must return your money
  3. Panno92 Win User

Hi, I am sorry for your issue... from what I have read you are right and you should get the refund for your double purchase, I suggest you to insist with the support, maybe with another operator you will be able to get the refund. I have contacted the support
    few times and their answers differs depending who is the Microsoft Agent.

Moreover, have you verified that the purchase have been already deducted from your payment method? Sometimes they automatically cancel these double payment
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, I would call in and SPEAK with a rep. Does it show on your account that you had the double purchase through Microsoft billing???
  5. CrissD4 Win User

I'm so sorry. I really miss the days when xbox customer support team was a real thing. It's such trash now in days its amazing the product is still marketable
  6. wolfheart517 Win User

try again with another xbox advisor and explain your case well
Thema:

1. Why can't i get a refund for a Game DLC that i have paid for twice?!? - Similar Threads - Why can't refund

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I request a refund for mw3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I request a refund for mw3?: I bought it, then tried it out and was dissatisfied with the game. I went to look for the refund button but it wasn't there this time and I tried looking for help and it told me to go to my...
  9. Why can't I get back my refund after cancelling a subscription.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I get back my refund after cancelling a subscription.: I bought accidentally game pass for console, then I cancelled the subscription to buy game pass ultimate but didn't get a refund of the first purchase. bbe74288-24fe-4286-89c0-8c0e7d797b3a
  10. Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I get a refund on a game I or the receiver can't play?: I recently purchased Halo: The Master Chief Collection "for Xbox". I don't own an Xbox. It only said it worked only on Xbox at the bottom. At the top it says "Optimized for Series S - X". ****?...