WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it?

Discus and support WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Yalls password system is really this sensitive that I cant ask for a new code too quickly while trying to reset my password? I cant sign into Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Irate Flight Simmer, Dec 17, 2023.

1. WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it?

Yalls password system is really this sensitive that I cant ask for a new code too quickly while trying to reset my password? I cant sign into Microsoft Flight Simulator because I have to sign into my XBL Gamertag (on STEAM) because Windows Security Key wont let me sign in with my pin becuase its still broke for some stupid reason. Try to reset my password. Get a code sent to my email, great! I put it in, but oh no my dumb self decided to turn on 2factor authentication and I have a phone that is old, broken and barely gets service.

Put in the correct number, don't get the text for like 10 or 15 minutes so I try to send another one through to see if it while make the texts come through (this has worked in the past, sometimes I don't need cell service to get texts because google can send it through the internet to my phone...) so again I make the mistake of sending another code to my phone but UH OH thats apparently fishy so I cant request another code *until tomorrow* (So 24 hours from 8pm or tomorrow morning? Im really not going to be happy if its the former) , but the people from China, Germany and some place called Seychelles can apparently attempt to break into my account without me being notified or additional steps being taken by Microsoft?

Going off of the "Help" other people have had for similar issues I'm not expecting to have anything productive being done now, but I genuinely want y'all to fix this sign in problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator not prompting me for my PIN or forward the relevant information to the people who can fix it! It takes WAY TOO LONG to install that game even with fast internet too so im not going to be able to play it for another 2 days at least. Tomorrow night just to get freaking signed in and another 14 hours with the slow unoptimized download that Microsoft INSISTS on running through their own installer instead of letting STEAM host the files, because downloading ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY GIGS should just take as long as possible as I guess!

What's hilarious to me is that I got the text eventually and it didnt even work!

I regret buying flight sim 2020 sometimes... Takes WAY too long to install and signing in is a pain (because seriously who remembers full passwords in 2023? Guess I better make sure its in my manger next time)

:)

Irate Flight Simmer, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it?

Hi,

Based on your description, you are trying to play Microsoft Flight Simulator however, there seems to be a challenge on verification of account ownership because password and security information of your account.

I can provide you help and support articles about your account-related issues. However, I would like to clarify that we cannot assist with issues related to third-party software such as Steam.

Regarding your account, it seems that you're having trouble receiving a security code to reset your password due to 2-factor authentication. Unfortunately, there is a limit to the number of security codes that can be sent in a certain period of time to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You should be able to request a new code after the waiting period has passed.

As advised on 2-factor authentication for Microsoft account, aside from password, you should add at least 3 pieces of security information. If you have added a secondary email address for verification that would help you with your concern. Learn more here: How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Just a quick introduction of Windows security feature, since you would like to get new security code, Windows actually offers passwordless access. If you are interested in checking that feature, please read here: Go passwordless on your device - Microsoft Support.

If you're having trouble signing into Microsoft Flight Simulator, I suggest checking if your Xbox Live account is linked to your Steam account. You can also try resetting your account password to see if that resolves the issue.

For now, if you have waited for 24 hours and was able to access your account to play Flight Simulator. Then we suggest trying out some tips here: How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure - Microsoft Support.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome!

We are glad that you are able to sign in back to your account. We hope you get to enjoy flying with your favorite aircraft.

Happy holidays to you too!

Regards,
  4. Irate Flight Simmer Win User

Thank you for your response. Sorry for my initial post being so rash and thank you for your professional response to my question. The day after the next it let me use my pin to sign in. Going to change my password anyway. Have a merry Christmas.
  5. dbgtmaster Win User

some guy IP flooded me and Xbox won't do anything about it!!

How can somebody do something like that and Xbox dont do anything about it? I dont get how someone can control a system thats not even theirs in the first place. C'mon xbox server security programmers "step ya game up". We pay yall money so none of this
    crap should be happening. This aint free PSN you know.
  6. MARKxZIPPEMxUP Win User

netflix

why we cant watch netflix with our friends no more... that was the best thing about netflix.... can yall send an UPDATE too NETFLIX IN PUT THAT BACK ON PLEASE
Thema:

1. WHY cant I get a new security code and is there anything yall can *actually* do about it? - Similar Threads - WHY cant security

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  5. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?: I have literally done every trick in the book at this point. Ive unlinked and relinked my discord account like 10 times, factory reset my xbox with the games and apps not touched 3 times, reset...
  8. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  9. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  10. why cant i download security breach on pc if i have it on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download security breach on pc if i have it on xbox: i used to not be able to find security breach ANYWARE on the xbox app (on windose ofc) but when i fond it i didnt allow me to play it. i dont want to have to pay another $30 just to play on pc...