Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?

Discus and support Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, my buddy finally got back to playing on his own Xbox One, problem is, whenever we game shared before, it would allow us to get access to any games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mark Baltazar1, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones?

So, my buddy finally got back to playing on his own Xbox One, problem is, whenever we game shared before, it would allow us to get access to any games either one of us could play before. Now, he's unable to see any games that I have, and whenever I turn my Xbox One off, and get back on, any games that he had are no longer available on my full library list. I tried to redo the steps I did before, but unfortunately, it's no longer letting me do that, and when I take his account off of my Xbox, his games disappear and can no longer have access to those games. I'm trying to remember the steps I did that allowed me and my buddy to game share, without either of us having to stop playing a game, since it'll just kick us out of a game we'll be playing and have to wait til they're done and off to get on. I can't remember if I had my home Xbox option on or not, cause we don't live in the same house, he lives in a different city. I don't want to factory reset my Xbox, cause then that would require me to log back into his account and he'd be kicked off of any game he's playing right now, it's been a few years for him since he last played on his console and I don't want to ruin that for him. If there's a simple fix that doesn't require a factory reset, then I'd be thankful. To clarify, my buddy has the original Xbox One that came when it was first released, and I have the Xbox One S, not used, completely new when I first got it back in 2017.

:)

Mark Baltazar1, Jun 26, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

The only way to share licenses from one account to another is by using the Home Xbox feature.

I will give you an example.

Account A that plays on console A wants to share games with account B that plays on console B.

In order for account B to be able to use account A's games, account A must set account A as "Home Xbox" on the console where it plays (B), so that it can use the content without having to log in to "A".

Since "A" is set as "Home Xbox" on console "B", console "A" will only be able to use the games from the account that purchased them (A).

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Game sharing outside your physical household is a violation of TOS and can lead to account and console bans
  4. WESTW00D 83 Win User

Upload Studio can't access some of my clips, what do I do?

Your not the only one buddy, I can view my clips but I can't share the ones created in upload studio, they have disappeared out my showcase too. But there viewable on the site and I get error when trying to share them ...I can share all my GTA saved clips
    no problem tho ??
  5. joshywoshywhoo Win User

Cannot share game pass ultimate on pc with my family

The question then is, why can't we share Game Pass on PC?

We have two xbox's and can share on those, but we can't share on one PC with two separate logins.

Doesn't make any sense so it would be good to know why the decision for it not to work on PC was made? Are there plans to make sharing on PC happen?
  6. EradiKate8117 Win User

About to throw Xbox out the window

Hi Zeroice,

The issues began before I cancelled the subscriptions.

My son's still can't play shared games unless my profile is logged in

But if I'm logged in to one xbox, then it logs me out of the other xbox.

So both son's can't play at the same time, why can't they play these games from their profiles?
Thema:

1. Why can't I game share with my buddy on our Xbox Ones? - Similar Threads - Why can't game

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  5. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  6. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  7. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  8. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  9. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  10. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...