Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

Discus and support Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization. I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization.

I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive controller accessories app or standard controller accessories app.

You are unable to flip the x-axis on either the left stick or the right stick.

If I have to give reasons why one would want to flip the x-axis I can think of three.

For the right stick if you're used to playing three dimensional platformers and other three dimensional adventures where you control the camera and if you're used to the camera controls in Super Mario 64 as your first experience controlling a camera, where the arrows indicate where you're telling Lakitu-cam to go, good most games within game do not allow you to flip x axis and neither does the operating system in the applications app.

The easiest way to solve this would be flip x-axis and flip y-axis of normal camera controls and you should have Lakitu-cam controls. Most games do not offer this by default and the operator system cannot override that default.

Now here are two reasons why one, and more particularly I, would like the left stick x-axis flipped.

If I'm playing an analog platform finder akin to Super Smash Brothers and I'm giving a lefty control to make it a righty control I have to rotate it 180° and flip the x-axis and flip the y-axis. I know you could do that for digital controls for games like Street Fighter 6 and anything else that uses the d-pad as movement but for certain games which require analog movements this is impossible.

Also do I have it tested it because a certain piece I have is in the shop, but I supposedly have an adapter for Atari 2600 paddles to work on Xbox One and series. It's considered standard hid USB controls so it would plug into the left stick or right stick of the Adaptive control.

I think I know how to make the settings to make the paddle actually work but the only question is will it work in the right direction or will it work in the opposite direction?

There's a 50-50 chance it'll work in the opposite direction vs your thinking based on the way the paddle is oriented and the way you think about the paddle.

Atari 2600 paddles always come in pairs one for the x-axis one for the y-axis, (at least that's how modern PCS read that as). If it's y-axis I could conveniently flip that paddle's direction by flipping the y-axis, but not the x-axis.

Just came up with a couple reasons why one would want to flip an x-axis even though that seems counterintuitive in most people's thoughts.

:)

TripleTopper321, Jan 8, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...