Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work

Discus and support Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens a3b895d8-4c05-4bc8-a87b-a1ea20983531 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by shane may1, Sep 19, 2023.

1. shane may1
    shane may1 Guest

I have a xbox one first Gen, and the app says installing but nonething happens

:)

shane may1, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few tips you can try to troubleshoot your Movies and TV app:
    1. Upgrade to the latest software version of Xbox.
    2. Remove duplicate versions of Movies and TV.
    3. Test the Xbox network.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the app.
    5. Delete your profile and download it again.

For more details on the above kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/apps-help/troubleshoot-movies-and-tv-on-xbox-one

I hope this helps resolve your issue.
  3. ArtymanRU Win User

Movies and TV does not allow to choose anything except Dolby Digital, AC3

Looks like app "Movie and TV" doe not support DTS and Atmos.

In games it works.

Sad that not a cheap box cant do this and now I have to buy media player.

What a disappointment.
  4. freddyatchison Win User

0x803FB005 installation stopped when installing anything new from the store

Same issue for me and the same code. No matter what app i try downloading. Just purchased a movie on xbox but cant download “movies and tv” app so i cant even watch what i paid money for. Im running on an xbox one x. I did all the trouble shooting steps,
    even multiple reboots and a soft reset. Not a single thing works and everytime i try to download it says “sorry,looks like our service isnt working right now”
  5. WARRIOR I M Win User

Netflix App on Xbox One S = No 4K UHD

There is a massive problem with this xbox....again. I have 30mbps- even when i had 20mbps my netflix app downloaded directly on my tv showed snd played 4K material. I now have 30mbps. My netflix app on my way v still plays all the 4K uhd material but
    this supposed advanced xbox only plays 1080p. I callee support and they said u need a min of 30mbps-so im sure my download speed dluctuates but why my 2 year old 4K tv can stream all the uhd stuff and my xbox cannot is beyond my reasoning. Also, why the
    heck cant i download any recent movies that are out on uhd blu ray as rentals. Vudu even offers 4K purxhases....but prob not on this xbox app. I think i may trade this dusaster in for a PS5/neo if it has downloadable rentals of new 4K movies......and if
    i only need 20mbps, like my tv does. Advanced Xbox.......sure.....
  6. Slev Kitty Win User

Xbox One Need tech support

I can play movies I have bought pre preview update. Went to the Store, and downloading the movies & TV . I guess this is a different app than the app movies and TV?
Thema:

1. Why cant I download the Movies and TV app it does not work - Similar Threads - Why cant download

2. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  3. why cant i download in my pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download in my pc game pass: i press download game pass in my pc and it sends me an error 0x803FB005 2f91c5f6-779c-45b8-9bc3-b1ebf7953413
  4. why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?: why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop? 39b0e822-fa54-4a0f-bc08-70f54e57bd9a
  5. Why cant I download games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I download games?: I have game pass and cant download any game and i get "There has been an error." message when i click see details this is the error code Code: 0x80244022. I tried everyhing I repaired Microsoft...
  6. why i cant download cities skylines 2 on my notebook?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i cant download cities skylines 2 on my notebook?: i tried download it and it want from me download another gaming service so i download it and then the error code appers: Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x8007007e....
  7. why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download assassins creed mirage on ubisoft plus?: i bought ubisoft plus to play assassins creed mirage as it was advertised that you could play but all i can do is download the deluxe packs not the actual game, can anyone help?...
  8. Why cant i download Games on my pc through the xbox app?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i download Games on my pc through the xbox app?!: Whenever I try to download a game on the Xbox app via my PC it shows the errorcode 0x89235003. Xbox support is so bad, whats th epoint in giving me an error code if it doesnt relate to anything or...
  9. why cant i download a $60 game i bought on xbox (mw2) on pc feels like i should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download a $60 game i bought on xbox (mw2) on pc feels like i should: I bought a game (MW2) on my Xbox a little while ago and I'm switching to PC and will I be able to download that game on my PC because when I tried it woudnt let me...
  10. why cant i download security breach on pc if i have it on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i download security breach on pc if i have it on xbox: i used to not be able to find security breach ANYWARE on the xbox app (on windose ofc) but when i fond it i didnt allow me to play it. i dont want to have to pay another $30 just to play on pc...