why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

Discus and support why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Olivia Poole, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Olivia Poole
    Olivia Poole Guest

my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to pay for it despite having a receipt.

:)

Olivia Poole, Nov 19, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response and thank you for the information!

In this case, you can install the game on your kids' Xbox console using your own profile then set your account as home Xbox for game sharing in order for your children to be able to play the game using their own accounts.

Sign in to your Xbox account on your child's Xbox console and enable the game sharing by pressing the Xbox menu button > go to settings > Personalization > My home Xbox > Make this my home Xbox > then install the game you purchased > log out of your account and have your kids sign in to their account and play the game.

Setting your account as home Xbox on your kids' console will give them the benefits of playing the games you purchased on your console as well as the subscription on your account. Don't worry, you can still sign in to your account on your own Xbox console and play your purchased games there.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Olivia! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox purchase. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on your description, you might have accidentally purchased the game on your Microsoft account instead of your child's account.

To confirm this you can sign in to your account on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > order history > select the date of range when you purchased the game.

You can also verify this by signing your child's account and checking the Order History if it was purchased there.

If you have confirmed the Microsoft account where you purchased the game, sign in to that account on your child's Xbox console and enable the game sharing by pressing the Xbox menu button > go to settings > Personalization > My home Xbox > Make this my home Xbox > then install the game you purchased.

Sign out of your account then sign in to your child's account and have them play the game.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Olivia Poole Win User

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the response.

I have Xbox family set up so usually when my kids try to buy or download something it sends me a request. When I approve the request, I thought it takes me through the motions on the purchase then all they need to do is download the game.

It had however purchased it on my account (I'd forgotten my password too so this took a while to resolve). I have now managed to install it through my profile but I have my own Xbox, so how does setting my kids Xbox to my home affect mine?
  5. João Guilherme Pega Win User

Minecraft Launcher stuck on "Downloading update files"

I tried that out but I think that the problem is about microsoft store. I can't install anything on it and the only way to get applications for me is to download them from the internet and just hope that it doesn't need connection to the microsoft store. This is why i can't install the minecraft launcher- It tries to connect to the microsoft store but then it gets an error and it sends me the store so I can download the launcher from there, which just like I said doesn't work. I followed your steps and the only problem I got was in the last step, which requires me to download an application from the store.
  6. arthur slawski Win User

why can't I install my games I purchased from the Microsoft store

nevermind if figured out the problem thank you thought
Thema:

1. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store - Similar Threads - why can't download

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  5. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  6. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  7. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  8. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  9. Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?: So, two days ago, when I delete my Xbox 360 Live profile which is eminyork, and when I was trying to download back my profile, I get a message that says, "there was a problem with the credentials...
  10. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...