Why can't I download games on xbox series x

Discus and support Why can't I download games on xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tim Wilson5, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Tim Wilson5
    Tim Wilson5 Guest

So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any game above 9gb will only reach 9.31gb downloaded and then my mbps just drops off and installation just stops.

I've gone through the recommended troubleshooting... factory reset, MAC, clearing cache, ports blah blah and still no difference. Before doing the reset I was still able to play online no problem so I don't think it's an Internet issue. Never had any issues around this problem since I purchased the xbox up until now.

I'm struggling on what to do next...

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Tim Wilson5, Feb 20, 2024
  2. mohamadhakimi1 Win User

Xbox series x banned

In iran finding xbox series x discs game is so hard and rarely you can find discs. The xbox 1 discs is alot. But series x discs u can't find. I don't know why?
  3. joseph xbox Win User

Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

1. No 2.why? and no it's just a unnecessary step to control the buyers 3.the online requirement sucks and makes me hate video games and xbox does the ps5 do this? 4. I "own" lmfao ya I know I've been wanting to play this demo for a while probably the only reason I even bought a xbox series x and now that it's finally downloaded I can't play why ? Who knows ...5. If the xbox series is so much more better then why can't I play a game I just downloaded? 6. Oh and why is there only a 5 times I can switch my "home system" ? I honestly play on my xbox one x more that is my home system why should I have to change that for a console that's obviously lesser...
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can't download Starfield for Xbox one serie X

I have the Xbox one X project Scorpio, I was told that the game can be downloaded in any serie X or serie S (included mine), thanks for the help!!
    Game can only be downloaded on a Series S and Series X, but not an Xbox One X. Xbox One X is not the same as a Series X.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X/S keeps asking if I want to download game on internal drive, while I set download to the external

Thank you for the quick reply. Any plans on when it can be configurable ?
    I'm afraid it won't ever be 'configurable'. The real reason why your games can't be downloaded to the external drive is because you can't actually run Series X|S games from an external drive.

External hard drives are far too slow to run Series X|S games. They need to be run either from the internal drive - which is a fast NVME SSD - or the optional memory expansion cards for the Series X|S consoles. Not even SATA based external SSD's are considered fast enough for X|S games.

You can move Series X|S games for archive purposes to copy back to these faster storage locations to play, but you can't run Series X|S games from external storage.

Games that have not been optimised for Series X|S have no such limitations.

Not sure why the 'Independent Advisor' doesn't know this well known fact.
Thema:

1. Why can't I download games on xbox series x - Similar Threads - Why can't download

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  5. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  6. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  7. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  8. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  9. Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?: So, two days ago, when I delete my Xbox 360 Live profile which is eminyork, and when I was trying to download back my profile, I get a message that says, "there was a problem with the credentials...
  10. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...