Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

Discus and support Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Roko312, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Roko312
    Roko312 Guest

I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f

:)

Roko312, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Unable to download Forza Horizon 5 on PC from the Xbox Game App

Hello Thundershock, my name is zahir

The game download app includes Microsoft Store, Xbox app, and Steam. If you encounter the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue, you can troubleshoot these game download apps through the following ways:

Log out of these apps and then log in again.

Restart these apps.

Reset the Microsoft Store cache.

Repair, reset, or reinstall these apps.

If you are using Microsoft Store to download Forza Horizon 5, the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue may be caused by corrupt caches. You can reset the Microsoft Store cache to solve the problem. Here is the guide:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type “wsreset.exe” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to reset the Windows Store cache.

Then, you can download and install the game again. If the above steps don’t work, you can try deleting the cache folder to solve the Forza Horizon 5 not installing/downloading issue. Here is the guide:

Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to this path: C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.

Right-click on LocalCache and choose Delete from the context menu.

After that, try downloading and installing Forza Horizon 5 again to see whether the issue is solved

I hope this helps
  3. iRob87 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC I can't install games (error:0x00000001)

I can't install both AoE IV and Forza Horizon 5 through Game Pass 0x00000001 error message. I tried everything, including a fresh install of Windows 11, but I still have this issue.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Forza horizon 5 on drive D

Hello LatestJan, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Ok, if you are planning to reinstall Windows 11 and want to keep the Forza Horizon 5 installation on your D drive without having to download it again, there is an approach you can try. Be sure to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

Back up the game installation folder Go to the location where Forza Horizon 5 is installed on your D drive and copy the entire game folder to a safe place. Typically, the default installation location for Microsoft Store games is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". Locate the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder within that location.

Perform the reinstallation of Windows 11 Follow the process to reinstall Windows 11 on your computer as you normally do. This will format your C drive and reinstall the operating system.

Once you have completed the reinstallation of Windows 11, go to the location where the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder was on your D drive and check if the folder is still present. In some cases, reinstalling Windows may have deleted the game installation folder.

If the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder is deleted during Windows reinstallation, you can copy the backup folder you made in step 1 back to the original location on your D drive.

Verify the integrity of the game After restoring the game installation folder, launch the Xbox or Microsoft Store app and verify the integrity of the game. This will allow the application to detect existing game files and perform any necessary repairs or updates.

Best regards.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

Hi,

The URL you've hyperlinked is the same for both links. I can't find anywhere where it says Forza 5 does not run on Windows 11.

I'm not sure how you have lost access to your progress and in-app purchases, that is likely a separate issue. However, Windows 11 is not in beta, it's a full commercial release. It's been on general release since October 2021. Forza Horizon 5 is designed to run on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

There should no incompatibilities for games between Windows 10 and Windows 11. I'm a PC gamer and I play Forza Horizon 5 via Windows 11 and it's working perfectly.

If you can provide some more details we may be able to help you further.
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Roko312, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

To fix this issue, you can try the following:

1. Check if your Windows operating system is up to date by going to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Windows Update” and checking for available updates. If updates are available, install them and then try installing the app again.

2. Reset the Microsoft Store app and then try installing the app again.

3. Run the Microsoft Store Apps Troubleshooter.

Tell me if this has worked, I hope it is useful to you

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why can't download

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  4. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  5. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  6. Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase...: Why can't I use my gamepass ultimate to download and play games? It prompts me to purchase game pass when I click on a game to download. e1986801-7eac-42b1-97f3-456f6054673d
  7. Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download a game I bought and paid for on my 360 on my One?: I bought Phantasy Star Universe: Ambitions of the Illumnis for the 360, it's not even an option on Xbox One. d25c2c75-851e-4242-bfa6-62c811e84429
  8. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  9. Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 in Xbox series x can't download, it appear on...: Why isn't my legendary edition of injustice 2 can't download even though I own the Injustice 2 legendary edition? I try to install it but I cant click it, and I tried to see it in my billing...
  10. Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't download my Xbox 360 profile?: So, two days ago, when I delete my Xbox 360 Live profile which is eminyork, and when I was trying to download back my profile, I get a message that says, "there was a problem with the credentials...