Why can't I delete or saved clips and screen shots?

Discus and support Why can't I delete or saved clips and screen shots? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete all saved clips and screenshots, once I've deleted them they come straight back. I've tried reseting xbox series x and reseting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kaliegh capon, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Why can't I delete or saved clips and screen shots?

I'm trying to delete all saved clips and screenshots, once I've deleted them they come straight back. I've tried reseting xbox series x and reseting just keeping games and apps but nothing is helping

:)

Kaliegh capon, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that since yesterday there are multiple reports in regards to the same issue, however, there are no official announcements from Microsoft which means that we can just perform troubleshooting steps such as extended powercycle and resetting your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
  3. MissEdi Win User

Bilder Löschen

Hi there, XylofonInsel228!

Are you perhaps referring to deleting the screen shots that you took with the Game DVR? If so, you can manage these screen shots by navigating to Upload Studio and then select the option to manage your clips. From there, you would
    have the option to delete any game clips or screen shots that you have taken.

If you have any other questions in regards to managing your screen shots or game clips, just let us know.
  4. Nogib Win User

Unable to save or share screenshots and clips!

M3tal Daz3, Yeah, like I said it will make clips and take screenshots, I just can't SAVE any of them. Going into Game DVR I can either select one and get this message:

"Capture not saved

Sorry, the capture you selected was not saved. Please try again."

Or all of them and get this slightly different one:

"No captures saved

Sorry, none of your selected captures were saved. Please try again."

And no other info is provided as to why. No error code. And after awhile, unsaved screens/clips get deleted automatically. :(
  5. ThankOurTroops Win User

Turn Off Video Snapshots

When on the Xbox One home screen press the menu button and go to settings, then preferences, and uncheck where it says "record clips with game DVR." Saved clips can be found and deleted in the Upload app, not Upload Studio though. Highlight clips in the
    "saved clips" section, press the menu button, then choose delete.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Stop Ryse Game DVR?

I don't think it's a major issue, because the clips are deleted automatically after a set amount of time unless you choose to save them. But I don't see why they can't add an option to turn the automatic clip recording off if it's bugging people though.
Thema:

1. Why can't I delete or saved clips and screen shots? - Similar Threads - Why can't delete

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  8. Why can't I delete this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I delete this: I'm playing Dragon Origins and would to delete a saved file but I can't. The only option that they give me is "reserved space". I could use some answers why I can't just simply delete my saved...
  9. Why can't I make or delete my clubs?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I make or delete my clubs?: I can't make or delete any clubs, nor can I make a club on an alt account and transfer it to my main account. When I delete the club (the only one I have) it just doesn't delete. When I try to...
  10. Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network: If I try to upload a clip, I get a notification telling me the clip has been uploaded, but it doesn't appear on the XBOX network or on the mobile app. If I go back to the clip on my console, I...