Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

Discus and support Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Parker floyd, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Parker floyd
    Parker floyd Guest

I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such as resetting my phone and Xbox and changing my status to online and make sure it’s set to wireless network.

:)

Parker floyd, Apr 17, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Parker, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Let's try clearing your console cache data and changing the connection DNS.

Also, make sure to update your Xbox App on your mobile device.

Please, follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings > General > Network Settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Afterward, let's power cycle the console to clear it's cache data.

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 60 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 60 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.

Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Let me know if it works!
  3. Shelby Baumgartner Win User

Has anyone else had this issue with their account status?

I’m having the same issue. Told me to connect to Xbox live but it won’t connect. I am connected to the internet because the other apps work. Can’t contact Xbox because their virtual assistant is a nightmare and freezes up.

So I tried to remove my account and re add it, but now it won’t even let me add an account back to the Xbox. Now I can’t use any apps. Basically stuck.
  4. BBClare Win User

Can’t Play DAI Offline

I can’t get my phone to connect to my Xbox, far too old a model. So my issue is it can’t connect to Xbox live in general and I still can’t start it.
  5. Alan Kaczynski1 Win User

Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

Whenever I try to connect to my WiFi it just says it can’t connect. I also can’t connect to a wired connection as my Xbox is on the other side of the house as my router. I also only have my controller plugged into the Xbox.
  6. Lloyd Rogers Jr Win User

Gamer pic issues

I can’t upload my picture on the xbox app
Thema:

1. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app - Similar Threads - Why can’t connect

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?: I just downloaded Black Ops 1 and whenever I go to the main menu, it automatically signs me out and when I go to sign back in, it says that I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I checked my consoles...
  5. Why can’t i connect to Xbox party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t i connect to Xbox party?: Everytime i join a party it says “connecting” then after around 30 seconds it disconnects and i don’t know how to fix it. ed32be15-5f1c-4f4c-87f2-b283d00c43ff
  6. Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my xbox one connect to live on BC games?: Good day everyone, every time I try to run a BC game on my Xbox one and try to connect to live it tells me that there’s troubleshooting, I’ve tried every solution, power cycling, manual ip...
  7. Why can’t I connect to multiplayer servers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to multiplayer servers?: I can’t connect to any multiplayer servers on Minecraft, I have re-booted the router, checked my Wi-Fi connection. Re-logged into Minecraft and disabled firewall. I honestly don’t know what I have...
  8. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to my wifi anymore ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to my wifi anymore ?: I cant connect my Xbox to wifi when I have done before with no problems. It says “cant connect to your wireless network” and hardware problem. e11bcd27-6c26-45c1-8737-390e2011e89c
  9. Why can’t I connect to the Wi-Fi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to the Wi-Fi.: ive done it before and other devices work but my Xbox one s doesn’t. 5ef814e9-c0f8-4e08-9f55-5afda96d1b41
  10. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live when I load up a game?: It keeps saying your connection to Xbox live has been lost please sign again but when I do it’s perfectly fine. This is on Xbox 360 I just wanted to play some BO2 online for nostalgia, please...