Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.

Discus and support Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I installed a game on my console so my wife can play with her profile and then i tried playing a completely separate game on my pc through cloud... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SideHalfling140, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.

I installed a game on my console so my wife can play with her profile and then i tried playing a completely separate game on my pc through cloud gaming. However it said i had to sign out of my console which then blocks my wife from playing the game. Why?

:)

SideHalfling140, Sep 23, 2023
  2. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.

HGS,

Appreciate the correction. The double quotes were unnecessary :)

Jay.
  3. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

Update 2

Looks like my information is out of date. Please ignore my advice, my friend.

Jay.

——

My understanding about this, it’s “one player per subscription”.

So, when your spouse is playing, that “one player” is consumed. You try to play on the cloud, that’s a second “player” which is not included in the subscription.

Now, as you have already figured out, when you log out, now it’s, “nobody is playing”, so, “one player”, which is you, can play on the cloud or the Xbox.

Also, a “profile” is simply a surface level thing. Ultimately, Microsoft wants to get paid twice, if two people are playing at once. It’s like when you go to a movie theatre. Two people are enjoying the movie, then, it’s two tickets.

So, the solution here is to simply pay for a separate subscription for her. Or, simply decide who gets to play at any given point of time.

Jay.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Don't listen to the "volunteer moderator".

If you are the one with the subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, you just need to set the console as your account's "Home" console. Details here. Then make sure that your account is not set to automatically sign in on that console. Once the subscribing account sets a console as "Home", it does not need to be signed in to share to other accounts. Once this is done, your wife should be able to play anything installed on the console as well as enjoy online multiplayer. The subscribing account can enjoy it's benefits anywhere it signs in so there should be no conflicts with you playing on PC via the cloud while your wife plays installed games on the console. Just note that certain benefits like cloud gaming are only available to the account that purchased the subscription.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Can a downloaded game be played on two Xboxes at the same time?

This won't work.

Only one instance of Destiny (or any game) can be played at a time.

If your colleague plays and you get home and start playing, it will kick your colleague out of game.

This is a security feature as if it didn't exist, you could just put your Xbox One profile on a bunch of consoles and let groups of people play with one copy of the game.

Your colleague would have to purchase the game too. If they buy the digital version there will be no download as it is already on the console.

I have two Xbox One's in my household. One is mine and one is my wife's. Her profile is on both consoles and my profile is just on my own console. I can't play her game on my console while she is playing it on hers.

Apps like Amazon etc can be run simultaneously though.
  6. Wrightstuff1 Win User

xCloud

Cant wait for xcloud to play on mobile or tablet while my wife watches her programmes hopefully they will let us know a release or beta date at e3
Thema:

1. Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile. - Similar Threads - Why cant cloud

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  5. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?: I have literally done every trick in the book at this point. Ive unlinked and relinked my discord account like 10 times, factory reset my xbox with the games and apps not touched 3 times, reset...
  8. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  9. Why cant i log in to my microsoft account on xbox.com(Cloud Gaming)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i log in to my microsoft account on xbox.com(Cloud Gaming)?: Split from this thread. i have the same issue but not with cloud gaming, i got a notification that asetto corsa is on sale so i went to buy it on xbox.com and i could not buy it because i...
  10. Why cant i play on the cloud ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play on the cloud ?: I have bought 1 month of game pass ultimate yesterday and i played on it. This morning, i open the xbox cloud website and i see i cant play the games because i can't click on "play" Just, why...