Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

Discus and support Why can't I choose a folder to download my games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andryc Trahan, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another one." I tried multiple folders, created a dedicated folder for my Xbox games, and searched for an allocated Xbox app folder, but nothing has worked so far. When I go into settings and then into install options, I only see the option to change the drive, not to choose a folder. I have reinstalled the app, tried to repair it, and reset it, but nothing has changed. After doing some research, I found this guide:

1. Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the app to open the menu.
    1. Click on "Settings" in the menu.
    1. Click on "System" in the left-hand menu.
    1. Under "Storage", click on "Change where new content is saved".
    1. Select the drive where you want to install your games.
    1. Click on "New apps will save to" and select the folder where you want to install your games.
    However, I don't see the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner, and I cannot find the menu, system, or storage options anywhere. The guide dates to August 2023, so perhaps the app has been updated since then. I don't know, but I can't find the menu anywhere, and this is the only solution I found online. I also found out that I can download games that do not support installation to a specific folder; they are simply installed alongside the rest of my other Windows apps.

:)

Andryc Trahan, Jun 19, 2024
  2. griffinloveday Win User

How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

Games will intall onto my C drive (the drive that has WIndows installed onto it), but now I can't choose to install games onto my D or E drive, because I deleted the WPsystem folders.
  3. voteDC Win User

removeing downloads

Start up your 360. Go to the My Xbox Channel (the one with your avatar) and go right to the end and select System Settings.

Now pick Memory and then the device the downloads are on, or if you can't remember just pick All Devices.

Here select Games and scroll down until you find the game in question.

Enter the game's folder by pressing A. Find the download and select it with A. Choose Delete.
  4. АбубакрФуз Win User

All folders are in read-only mode

I can't do this with the documents folder. And if I choose the "my games" folder, then this folder disappears altogether. I apologize for writing to you at such a late time and I appreciate your help. Thank you for your patience.
    [​IMG]
  5. Anvnamnet Win User

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 won't uninstall

Still a damn map in the folder where I choose to install the game.

Map name:

MSIXVC

Size: 76.9 Gb

Can't delete folder because it is in use by SYSTEM...

What even in hell is that.. I never want to install games or anything from windows store or Xbox gamepass app again.

It always leaves crapy folders and files behind. And they are almost always the same size as the game...
  6. Carl Begley Win User

How do I find default download folder for Xbox app on Windows 10? I changed it but want to change it back to the default C:/XboxGames folder.

Rostom L,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to create a new XboxGames folder and set the app to download there. I will do this tonight when home from work.

Will this cause any problems as it won't be the original folder I already have games downloaded to?

As in there was already a folder with that name that I have games downloaded to, and now I'm creating a new one because I can't find the old one.
Thema:

Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

1. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games? - Similar Threads - Why can't choose

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  6. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  7. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  8. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  9. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...
  10. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...