Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

Discus and support Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Scott BladeZaree, May 4, 2023.

1. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown

:)

Scott BladeZaree, May 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly perform a powercycle on your console and then try again, Scott.

​​​

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​"
  3. Normal_User113 Win User

Xbox One - Online Status Unknown

Did you ever find a fix because my profile keeps saying online status unknown and I'm stuck appearing offline
  4. CRADLE MOUNTAIN Win User

Online status

Is this still a problem for you? I have the exact same issue. I've tried my changing my online status on multiple consoles but it keeps saying 'Status Unknown' and remains in Offline mode.
  5. djmistaspot Win User

How do i play with friends? Me and my friends always appear offline. Can't send messages to each other, can't send game invites.

So you have both changed your status to "appear online" but it says you are both offline even after doing so?
  6. ValodyJean-baptiste Win User

Twitch streaming : Your account is restricted from broadcasting

I actually solved the issue, and it was the appear online thing...IT is VERY misleading because when you go on your profile, if the button shows "appear Online" then you are actually appearing offline...Click on it so that it says "appear offline" .

So basically it doesn't show your current online/offline status, it shows what you can set it to.

Hope this helped.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help - Similar Threads - Why can’t changed

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I change my country/region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my country/region?: Hi all, For some reason my country/region is set as the United States. I only became aware of this when trying to add a Microsoft voucher into my account. I am from the United Kingdom and want to...
  6. Why can’t I change my pfp on my Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my pfp on my Xbox account: So the picture I want to use isn’t anything against policy but any time I try is on the Xbox app it’s says try again in a bit something went wrong I tried it on the Xbox website but it dosnt give...
  7. Why can’t I change load out on split screen in mw2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I change load out on split screen in mw2: Me and my partner trying to play cod mw2 and every time we play online and split screen we can never change load outs or see scores we have uninstalled it and reset it and it’s still not working...
  8. Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?: So i wanted to change my Xbox Gamertag and i looked it up and many people are saying i can Change it for Free for the First time, i never Changed my Gamertag since i Created the Account but it...
  9. Why can’t I change my name to something seemingly harmless?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I change my name to something seemingly harmless?: Hi, I was trying to change mg GT to “” since i use it everywhere but it wont let me. There is no one with this gamertag or any variants, so what’s the problem? It’s just food and a play on “being...
  10. Why Can’t I change my gamer tag for free still?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can’t I change my gamer tag for free still?: I have had my Xbox gamer tag for about 3 or 4 years and I have always had the same gamer tag. I wanted to change but this transaction costed money and I never had changed it before l. I want to...