Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again?

Discus and support Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox won't go live and I've not changed anything that I know of, I never do, add or change anything on my system for Fear that this would happen.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by arthurpride, Dec 9, 2019.

1. arthurpride
    arthurpride Guest

My xbox won't go live and I've not changed anything that I know of, I never do, add or change anything on my system for Fear that this would happen. Now I'm reading the post and have to do different troubleshooting techniques for an error for which I've
    made no changes. I sad that you pay for a service and have to troubleshoot whenever something goes astray. I would like some assistance? I've been booted offline a few times and now I can't go to Live Xbox which means I can't enjoy the download games I've
    paid for and received free from Gold membership. I should have known th that once I started getting use to playing online I would be a victim to the Xbox Live error. Why can't the system just reset itself to the prior, factory or original set up I made.

:)

arthurpride, Dec 9, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

... seems a little strange how xbox one people are still playing and 360 players are the only ones blocked from playing online, i like how they (micro soft) made sure they took my money before they blocked my 360 from playing online.... boy i sure
    hope im wrong, im sick of being squeezed for money from 2 different directions, im already paying for the internet through a internet service provider , So im already online right? Why do i have to pay to play a dame game that ive paid a fortune for bunch
    of b.s. if ask me . Its time to pull out of the xbox & micro soft empire and buy a playstation
    Well, the reason why mostly Xbox 360 players are booted offline is, because the Xbox One encrypts it's network traffic, whereas the Xbox 360 uses "older" network protocols that are easier to snoop into. That way the script kiddies can find your IP address
    much easier, and then attack that IP with a DDoS attack, booting you offline.

It's not Microsoft actively blocking you. It's just that the technology from over 10 years ago is just not as secure as modern networking technologies, that just didn't exist back then.

As for paying your ISP and for Live: Xbox Live has a big database it uses for Matchmaking. It keeps track how often you won and how often you lost, and calculates your "TruSkill" from that. Xbox Live then *tries* to match you with similar skilled players,
    so that you aren't overwhelmed by pro gamers, or are bored from playing against unskilled "noobs".

This takes up server capacity which in turn costs money. And that is the fee you pay for Xbox Live Gold, in order to be able to play online multiplayer.

Playstation has the same model with it's Playstation Plus membership. You will have to pay for the current generation of Playstation consoles to be able to play online.

If you wish to play online "for free", you'll have to play on a PC.
  3. rhondasandoval Win User

Yeah what he said. After reading what others have been saying, seems a little strange how xbox one people are still playing and 360 players are the only ones blocked from playing online, i like how they (micro soft) made sure they took my money before
    they blocked my 360 from playing online. Almost seems like they’er trying to force people to buying xbox one. Idk but if thats the case how pathetic is that , one of the richest companies in the world pulling a stunt like that boy i sure hope im wrong, im
    sick of being squeezed for money from 2 different directions, im already paying for the internet through a internet service provider , So im already online right? Why do i have to pay to play a dame game that ive paid a fortune for bunch of b.s. if ask me
    . Its time to pull out of the xbox & micro soft empire and buy a playstation
  4. arthurpride Win User

I'll be playing Grand Theft Auto 5 and all in a sudden I'll go from online tho offline play. Log back in for online play and it stuffs online not accessible but offline is okay for me to play. So, the game decided if it wants me tho play online or not.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Hi arthurpride,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Xbox and being unable to connect to the Live service. When you say you have been booted offline a few times now can you be a bit more specific? Do you see error messages or does your Xbox no longer have
    internet connection? Its very difficult to give you specific advice without knowing a bit more about what you see on screen when this happens. Have you been banned by the Enforcement Team? I would love to help you more if you can provide more information please.

If its a hardware issue, I would suggest resetting the Xbox which in most instances can resolve issues like this. I have created a link to support page below to explain how to do this.

Reset Xbox One

Try the soft reset first which is “Reset and keep my games & apps“ and see if that helps fix the issue for you.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.
  6. TaylorTGOD Win User

The 360 and Xbox one 360 emulation have been broken for me too for the last 2 days. I cant get online either. Theres multiple topics on this. Wish they would acknowledge its a bigger issue then reseting your router. Ive gone to others houses who have different
    ISPs. Still no fix.
Thema:

1. Why can't I and Will I ever be able to go Xbox Live again? - Similar Threads - Why can't ever

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  9. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  10. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...