Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

Discus and support Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CASON BRITT (S1002865), Dec 22, 2023.

1. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

I can't hear no sound or nothing

:)

CASON BRITT (S1002865), Dec 22, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you can't hear chat audio when using the Xbox One chat headset, or if others can't hear you, try the following solutions first.

Disconnect the headphones or disconnect the headphone cable from the bottom of the controller and reconnect it firmly.
    Check the mute button on the headphone controls to make sure the headphones are not muted.
    Illustration showing an arrow and a finger pointing to the mute button on the headphone controls.

Illustration showing an arrow and a finger pointing to the sliding mute button on the 3.5mm headphone cable.
    Turn up the volume. If you use headphones connected to the 3.5mm port, go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, then select your controller to adjust the audio options.

Note If you use the headset with a Windows computer, go to Settings, choose Devices, select your controller, and then adjust the audio options.
    Try using another controller or headset to see if the hardware is working properly.

Make sure you have the latest software:
    Update Xbox Wireless Controller
    Aspects that you should take into account:
    Never pull on the headphone cable when removing it from the controller. To remove the headphones, pull on the body of the headphone jack.
    The Xbox One Headset is designed for use with Xbox controllers only.

Xbox consoles don't stream game sound or music through the Xbox One Headset. If you're looking for an Xbox headset that you can play and chat with, check out:
    Set up and troubleshoot the Xbox One Adapter and Stereo Headset
    Set up your Xbox Wireless Headset
    If the problem persists, try the following solutions:
    Solutions

Examine the headphones, cable, and connector for visible defects.
    Make sure there is no dust or dirt on the headphone jack. To clean the connector, use a cotton swab soaked in alcohol.

Check that your Xbox controller is working correctly. For help troubleshooting driver issues, see:
    My controller does not connect or turn on
    Firmly insert the Xbox One Headset connector into the expansion port located under the D-pad and right stick on the controller.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw... Vision, press,de video > Allow Dolby Vision.

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. blueyestm-[xboxvenue Win User

Headphones muted

I was just in chat because none of my headsets work and I also asked about that as well because mine does the same thing. Apparently it was from the update. I can't get that to unmute either. My main issue is that nobody can hear me via chat in party
    or game. I can hear them but they can't hear me. My chat mixer does not show up when I plug in the headsets. I've tried 2 different headsets and 2 controllers. Reset console and NAT settings in router. Nothing works. The chat mixer seems to be a bug
    which they are working on but I mean come on, I couldn't chat before this update so....

The headsets work testing Skype on the console and i tested them on the laptop so I know they function. It's really frustrating not being able to chat with your friends.
  4. VictoriaDoleman Win User

Turtle beach recon 70

Still no chat mixer, I can hear chat but no game play? I still can't get into the headset chat mixer?
  5. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

UPDATE.

I figured it out.

Hard reset the xbox with the headset plugged in. The new controller has the chat mixer turned all the way to chat and not to game . Put the mixer back to the middle and it works. Without the hard restart, the option to adjust the chat mixer is gone.
  6. SMNS Chimp Win User

Game audio through stereo headset?

I just updated my controller and it now plays game audio through the chat headset that came with my One but I can't chat with it anymore. Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    my controller is updated and the game audio won't work sometimes it will it just won't show the chat mixer option HELP
Thema:

1. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work - Similar Threads - Why can't access

2. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  3. Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription: I paid for Xbox game pass subscription so I didn't have to wait to play these games especially campaign modes. 98e53dab-64c4-46b1-b5cf-62f59fed1fd2
  4. Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?: So I purchased the Vault edition of MW3 a few days ago through the Game, not the Microsoft store. I downloaded all the files including the MW3 Campaign, the 2 vaults, and the 3 skins. The charge...
  5. Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?: We have an ultimate game pass subscription, we are based in the UK, the xbox one x home setting is set to the xbox. Family members on the microsoft subscripton and xbox only seem to receive game...
  6. Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?: So, everytime i try to access Microsoft rewards on my XBOX ONE, it just tells me: ''Service Unavailable. Please try again.'' So, what am I supposed to do now? I've tried to access it for days now...
  7. Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.: I checked the add ons, as well as the Game Installs section in the Modern Warfare settings, and both of them say that I have the Campaign Pack installed, but whenever I start the game up, all I...
  8. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  9. Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?: After setting up afterglow controller and downloading afterglow app, I no longer have access too "Audio & music". I checked everything I could within the afterglow app and everything was on "max...
  10. Callisto Protocol Offline Mode-Why Can't I Access My Paid DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Callisto Protocol Offline Mode-Why Can't I Access My Paid DLC?: Greetings, I have paid for the Season Pass in Callisto Protocol (Xbox Series S) but can only access my dlc online. If I'm offline ALL dlc I purchased is not accessible and disappears from the...