Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?

Discus and support Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After setting up afterglow controller and downloading afterglow app, I no longer have access too "Audio & music". I checked everything I could within... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Selena Cole, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Selena Cole
    Selena Cole Guest

After setting up afterglow controller and downloading afterglow app, I no longer have access too "Audio & music". I checked everything I could within the afterglow app and everything was on "max volume" only in that app. Once I exist the app the sound goes back down to Xbox volume settings that I cant access and is greyed out. I tried different controllers and headsets and got the same results.

:)

Selena Cole, Jul 25, 2023
  2. Selena Cole Win User

Here is the picture of problem

[​IMG]
  3. AridLizard Win User

Xbox One X: Chat Mixer/Sound Issues

How to access the audio setting for headsets:

1. Plug your headset into your controller
    2. Press the Xbox button on the controller to pull up the guide
    3. Press RB until you get to the gear icon on the far right
    4. Below Settings should be Audio(where the chat mixer for headsets is located)
    that option doesn't always show up.

if I use a standard controller or my Duke I have that Audio menu option but if I use my Afterglow controller the option isn't there.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Amazon Music App and Pandora App Running but NO MUSIC. All other apps and sounds work normally

Hi there,

The Pandora app and Amazon music apps function as background apps or snapped apps as they are called on Xbox One and since the app is running in the background, the audio controls are accessed using a submenu since the app is not open on full screen. Accessing
    the audio controls can be confusing, but I believe it works similar on PC when you use these apps in a snapped format, playing in the background while you use games or other apps so its just the functionality of music apps that play in the background. When
    a background music app is playing, you can also access the Volume controls under the Display and Sound Settings, then look for Sound Mixer.

We appreciate the feedback on how to access the audio controls for these apps that I'm sure will help many others, so I will go ahead and mark your post as answered and lock the thread. I'll provide some support articles on this topic for further information:

Feel free to come back to the forums anytime you have any questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you and have a great day!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

AFTERGLOW PRISMATIC WIRED CONTROLLER

6. All Kool no Aid Win User

Wired controller vibrates mic

My controller makes a buzzing sound with all the wired controllers I've used, which would be three: two afterglows and one standard gamestop controller.

This did not happen for a while for my first afterglow
Thema:

1. Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller? - Similar Threads - Why can't access

2. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  3. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  4. Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription: I paid for Xbox game pass subscription so I didn't have to wait to play these games especially campaign modes. 98e53dab-64c4-46b1-b5cf-62f59fed1fd2
  5. Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?: So I purchased the Vault edition of MW3 a few days ago through the Game, not the Microsoft store. I downloaded all the files including the MW3 Campaign, the 2 vaults, and the 3 skins. The charge...
  6. Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?: We have an ultimate game pass subscription, we are based in the UK, the xbox one x home setting is set to the xbox. Family members on the microsoft subscripton and xbox only seem to receive game...
  7. Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?: So, everytime i try to access Microsoft rewards on my XBOX ONE, it just tells me: ''Service Unavailable. Please try again.'' So, what am I supposed to do now? I've tried to access it for days now...
  8. Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.: I checked the add ons, as well as the Game Installs section in the Modern Warfare settings, and both of them say that I have the Campaign Pack installed, but whenever I start the game up, all I...
  9. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  10. Callisto Protocol Offline Mode-Why Can't I Access My Paid DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Callisto Protocol Offline Mode-Why Can't I Access My Paid DLC?: Greetings, I have paid for the Season Pass in Callisto Protocol (Xbox Series S) but can only access my dlc online. If I'm offline ALL dlc I purchased is not accessible and disappears from the...