why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

Discus and support why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jesse Mafkn Flowers, Feb 20, 2024.

1. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised this is even possible. Any body can walk around with a phone and youtube and connect to my xbox even after going to all these various options and carefully allowing or not allowing specific "permissions". Even after all the opting out the problem still persists people all over the world have the same problem, they be on they xbox getting down and some random person starts to cast to their xbox and disrupts what they had going on.

:)

Jesse Mafkn Flowers, Feb 20, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

Hi Jesse. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

The YouTube app can only cast from devices on the same WiFi network as your Xbox. Since the app isn't made by Xbox, it would be down to YouTube to address any issues or concerns: https://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us
  3. Noble 29 Win User

Any place where we can report leakers?

Also, report the video on YouTube. Things like that can be removed by the request of Microsoft or other companies who can back up a claim that there content is being used without permission.
  4. CamDogg00 Win User

I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

They are referring to the Local Cast app for Android. I am also having this problem not only woth local cast but any app that has the casting ability. Netflix, youtube, etc... are no longer seeing the xbox one on the cast to device list like it used to.
    Was there an update that removed this feature of casting directly to the xbox??

Thanks!
  5. AlyciaBell Win User

chrome cast connection to xbox

They are now advertising that you can put the chrome cast directly into an xbox hdmi in port and use this for gaming purposes. I am trying to use this to cast to my oculus quest to play fortnite VR. Ive watched youtube videos of it but my one guide is
    not working the way it should apparently.
  6. iacopo93 Win User

Casting to xbox one

same problem when I try to cast youtube videos from chrome to xbox one x
Thema:

1. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem - Similar Threads - why youtube cast

2. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  3. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  4. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  5. Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't YouTube work AT ALL on my Xbox S?: When I open YouTube on my Xbox S I can't play anything. Sometimes it will give me audio but with a blank screen, other times the screen will go black and after a moment it will go close and return...
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  8. Why does YouTube on the Xbox keep glitching⁉️

in XboX Insiders
    Why does YouTube on the Xbox keep glitching⁉️: When watching on the YouTube app, there is this wired glitchiig that happens, it does not happen in game nor YouTube on Microsoft edge, only the app it's not the have screen taering issue that...
  9. Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: ONLY when I go to watch YouTube on the xbox one for just seconds to minutes I lose connection and when I check the modem, all but one light (power)is out, of 5 lights on the modem. It doesn't...
  10. Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?: I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 S and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it. I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p....