Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

Discus and support Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by TripleTopper321, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One.

Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and plug the microphone into the chat set.

When I say a verbal message for a friend to come join me on my screen it shows a sound wave showing that it did hear what I had to say.

But unfortunately it's not being delivered to my friend.

Also I can't hear my friends talk to me either.

This happened when I switched from using the kinect as a communal mic to using a 3.5 mm communal mic.

There's also a separate short 3.5 mm communal mic that plugs directly in the headphone jack of an Xbox series console and I can get sound waves out of that but my friends cannot hear me nor I them.

And I made sure the settings said that chat is on both speakers and headphones. Neither does their chat nor my chat appear audially to me when someone says something.

As recently as two weeks ago I had chat and then something happened with an update. It's like the chat is no longer routed the same way therefore it cuts off my out chat and their in chat.

Please reroute it back to where it was before a few weeks ago.

:)

TripleTopper321, Mar 26, 2024
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello TripleTopper321,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox chat. Based on the information you provided, it seems like there may be an issue with the audio settings on your Xbox.

1. Check your audio settings
    Go to Settings > Display & Sound > Volume > Party chat output. Make sure that "Headset" is selected.

2. Check your privacy settings
    Go to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer. Make sure that "You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text" is set to "Allow".

If the issue persists, let us try to create a new admin profile on your PC and lets re-install your Xbox Game Barr.

Create a local user account

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. (In some versions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    2. Next to Add other user, select Add account.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    4. Enter a user name, password, or password hint—or choose security questions—and then select Next

Change a local user account to an administrator account

Select Start > Settings > Accounts .

2.Under Family & other users, select the account owner name (you should see "Local account" below the name), then select Change account type.

Note: If you choose an account that shows an email address or doesn't say "Local account", then you're giving administrator permissions to a 3.Microsoft account, not a local account.

4.Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK.

5.Sign in with the new administrator account.
    After creating a new admin profile, let us uninstall and reinstall your Xbox Game Bar:

Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 11 device:

1. Uninstall Xbox Game Bar for Current User:
      • Open Windows Terminal and select Windows PowerShell.
      • Copy and paste the following command into Windows Terminal, then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name "*Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*" | Remove-AppxPackage
      • When finished, you can close Windows Terminal.
    2. Uninstall Xbox Game Bar for All Users (requires administrator privileges):
      • Open Windows Terminal (Admin) and select Windows PowerShell.
      • Copy and paste the following command into Windows Terminal (Admin), then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name "*Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*" | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers
      • When finished, you can close Windows Terminal.
    3. Reinstall Xbox Game Bar for Current User:
      • Click/tap on the link below to open the Xbox Game Bar page in the Microsoft Store app: Xbox Game Bar in Microsoft Store
      • If prompted, click/tap on “Open Microsoft Store app” to confirm.
      • Click/tap “Get” or “Install” to install the Xbox Game Bar app from the Microsoft Store.
      • When the Xbox Game Bar app has finished installing, you can open it if desired.
    Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

Headset will not allow me to hear others, but they can hear me

Mister Quimby,

It does not work with skype.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there PanthersFanDay1!

I am truly sorry to hear about the Party Chat issues and I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Are you able to hear sound in other apps? If you haven't already, I recommend trying to see if you can hear sound in an app like Skype.
    Be sure to let us know once you have tried and we will go from there. Thanks!
  5. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

.... hello.....

.... Bueller ....

.... Bueller ....
  6. PanthersFanDay1 Win User

Sorry, forgot to mention...

I can hear others through my tv when the headset adapter is not plugged in to my controller.

Both headsets I have tried are made my Microsoft for the xbox one. One is the standard headset that comes with the system, and the other is the plugged in through the adapter. Where I have also tried plugging in another headset through it.

Nothing has worked.
Thema:

1. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others? - Similar Threads - Why hear deliver

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  7. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  8. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  9. Why can nobody hear me on gamechat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can nobody hear me on gamechat: Hi my Xbox series s gamechat is faulty no one can hear me when gaming and I cannot hear chat in my soundbar also when I go to record message to send to someone I can't hear my chat through...
  10. Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I was wondering why I can talk but not hear through my headset but only on the...: Razer head set does not work on elite series 2 controller, but does on others. Running on on xbox series x I have looked through settings and restarted it. f9dba6e1-ea9f-4d98-b44b-6c2038a7d3dc