Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

Discus and support Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Cox1, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Thomas Cox1
    Thomas Cox1 Guest

Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p and I have an xbox one

:)

Thomas Cox1, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my laptop I can run 144hz I have an xbox one

What monitor is it?

The issue isn't the 'Hz', it's the timings. Your PC accepts a 144Hz signal because PCs don't use TV's VESA standards. Your console wants exactly 120Hz (not something arbitrary like 119.88Hz). If your monitor can not provide this exact refresh, it won't work.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my laptop I can run 144hz I have an xbox one

Should be noted a pc connecting to a monitor isn't the same as a console

Consoles follow strict vesa guidelines laptops and pc are not as strict you have to check with your monitors settings to confirm what exact veal do they support

143.99999 is off vesa so is 119.99999 etc

Vesa standards are standards for a reason
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Thomas C. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

What Xbox One model is the one you have?

Additionally, it is important to clarify that the 120Hz frequency rate can be enabled only if your monitor has an HDMI 2.0 port.

Could you share the full monitor model and brand?
    Most of the time, monitors have an HDMI 1.4 port.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  5. Zzshock Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

I don’t think this is true. I plugged my series x into a gigabyte 1440p 165 hz monitor yesterday after my 4k Samsung qled backlight died. I think HDMI only supports up to 120hz (the monitor cable is required for 165 hz). Going through an HDMI switch, I cannot do 1440p 120 fps, but it has no issue doing 1080p 120hz. After I get an upgraded HDMI switch and a better HDMI cable today, I’ll see if that allows 1440p 120 fps.
  6. Georges C. Win User

will hdmi 1.4 work with the xbox series s and do 1440p 120hz?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Lincoln14, HDMI 1.4 supports 144hz refresh at 1080p. HDMI 2.0 is for 4k/60hz.

I believe that only from the HDMI 1.4 b that it passed the capacity of the refesh rate of 165 Hz

The ideal it would be HDMI 2.0 carries combinations like 1440p 165Hz with no issue, and for 1080p, frame rates of 240Hz are no problem

You can read more about the HDMI 1.4 specifications from the link below.

https://www.hdmi.org/spec/hdmi1_4b
Thema:

1. Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my... - Similar Threads - Why 165 moniter

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...