Why can I use Xbox Live on some games but not all?

Discus and support Why can I use Xbox Live on some games but not all? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have subscribed to an Xbox gamepass ultimate family plan and its worked for years up until recently when only one account can’t access online... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chessa Vitamvas, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Why can I use Xbox Live on some games but not all?

I have subscribed to an Xbox gamepass ultimate family plan and its worked for years up until recently when only one account can’t access online gameplay like the other accounts. That account can access gamepass games and can download and play them but not games we’ve previously bought with online gameplay, like Minecraft. None of which are issues for the other account/s on the plan. Please help because we don’t know what to do. Thank you Why can I use Xbox Live on some games but not all? :)

:)

Chessa Vitamvas, Apr 12, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

Because the family plan was discontinued last year and you were all given prepaid codes for the remainder amount of time for each account

There is plans to reinstate it but apparently according to Phil Spencer they are tweaking it for customers and developers

But you will have to wait
  3. JustinLivingston Win User

Games for Windows® Marketplace - "Connection Error"

why? technically gfwl uses xbox live and some games like shadow run can be played with xbox users
  4. Shea Harratty Win User

8015190A

Don't understand why it's only some of us and not all xbox live users?
  5. ngocphi Win User

"Resedent Evil 6" Downloading troubles.

Does your account region match your actual region if not that would be why

Most triple a games are region locked that's why if you can download some doesn't mean you will be able to download all

For the best experience with Xbox live. You must live in a Xbox live region and your account region must match that
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Another Port for a game?

Hi,

No an unforwarded port would not cause lag. EA games that use EA servers are quite well known for being laggy for some people. All games have to follow the Xbox live certification route and use the standard Xbox live ports I'm not sure why they have another
    port listed.
Thema:

1. Why can I use Xbox Live on some games but not all? - Similar Threads - Why Live games

2. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  3. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  4. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Why wont my games sign into my xbox live account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my games sign into my xbox live account.: I cant launch games like fortnite or the finals. They are saying that they are unable to sign into my xbox live account. I have tried everything from reinstalling the game, deleting my account,...
  7. absolutely no idea why my xbox live (xbox game pass core) isn’t working

in XboX Insiders
    absolutely no idea why my xbox live (xbox game pass core) isn’t working: my brother has been playing the game all day, he has played cod cold war zombies and the walking dead, and minecraft. i try to play and then now it’s saying that’s i’m not connected to the...
  8. Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why: When i attempt to play Domino Master In a multiplayer game im told to sign into xbox live. Why when I'm already signed in 0f155861-cc72-404a-836e-2a096d01b1b9
  9. Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I connect to Xbox live, but I cannot connect to any game servers: I just came home for winter break from college, and I brought my Xbox series x with me to play games. I was not experiencing any issues before I had come home to my parents house, but now when I...
  10. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...