Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...

Discus and support Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried over 20 times this morning to submit a warranty repair for my fault Xbox Elite controller. Every time I get a failure message. Online Chat... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Simon Sharpe, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Simon Sharpe
    Simon Sharpe Guest

Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...

I have tried over 20 times this morning to submit a warranty repair for my fault Xbox Elite controller. Every time I get a failure message. Online Chat is useless, submitting a request for a call back does not work. Seriously, how is a consumer supposed to remedy these things under warranty? I have read previous responses to the same question, and the response is laughable. I need a clear a concise way to sort this, as the warranty runs out soon and if I am forced to pay because of your delay this will not go down well.

:)

Simon Sharpe, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence as long ago as 2021!

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence as long ago as 2021!

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To request a repair warranty, if your device has an active warranty, you may process the repair by following the steps on this link: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support.

However, based on your description, you are getting a failure error message. Do you mind sharing to us a screenshot and of trying out these troubleshooting?

• Try using InPrivate window of the browser.
    • Try connecting to a different network.
    • Try to use different device and make sure that the time zone and country is correct and the same to your account.

Should issue still persist, you may of requesting repair, we suggest that you reach out to our live support team for assistance. We understand that you were unable to get in touch with our live support team, please try the steps below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. BongKaos Win User

Can anyone help me (busted drive)

Well, if you can't be bothered..... You are doomed. A warranty is something that exists, Also repairs can happen. I see no reason why YOU are having problems. It is possible to get repairs either locally or officially. 2 years is a decent amount
    of time for electronics........GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  5. Puppy Fujo Win User

My Xbox won't restart or reset.

I would still try the repair option. With it being so close it might go through. Hardware failure can happen at any time, it's why warranties exist.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Possessed xbox

if the problem persists and your Xbox is still under warranty it might be an idea to start a repair/replacement request.

this can be done by signing into the following link, selecting your Xbox and then selecting the option to start a repair online

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
Thema:

1. Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence... - Similar Threads - Why start warranty

2. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  3. MSFS Crashes on start, anyone know why?

in XBoX on Windows
    MSFS Crashes on start, anyone know why?: When I open MSFS It brings me to a warning menu about my drivers being out of date as well as other reasons, I have tried everything but it still doesnt work and when I click sfae mode my pc goes...
  4. Why won't my series x start up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series x start up?: My series x won't start up! And yes, I've done everything. abfebc00-3171-4390-ae80-5c1a2c9a16ae
  5. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  6. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  7. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  8. Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?: its annoying And i wanna show but this Blasted Site wont Let me! 201af5a4-b38d-4a8f-9666-f01aced7e075
  9. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  10. Why won't minesweeper start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't minesweeper start?: For two days Minesweeper has failed to start, on two different PC's. It just sits with the opening animation of the mine around the flag in the lower right without starting. I have repaired,...