why can i not log in to minecraft launcher when clicking microsoft login

Discus and support why can i not log in to minecraft launcher when clicking microsoft login in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason when i click on the minecraft launcher and try login with microsoft login it doesnt let me it open the xbox app then closes instantly.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by � �, Jun 24, 2023.

1. � �
    � � Guest

For some reason when i click on the minecraft launcher and try login with microsoft login it doesnt let me it open the xbox app then closes instantly.

:)

� �, Jun 24, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description you are trying to sign in your Minecraft account through Minecraft launcher in Xbox app and is unable to because the app crashes. Let us check on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When did the issue start?

2. What version of Windows you are using? To check, press Windows key + R and type winver in the run dialog box then hit OK.

3. When was the last time you have played Minecraft in your device?

4. Are you getting an error message or error code?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.

5. Uninstall and Reinstall Minecraft Launcher.

• Type Minecraft Launcher in the Windows search box, right-click and click Uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer.

Open the Microsoft Store/Xbox app, search for Minecraft Launcher using the search box, and install Minecraft Launcher.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  4. Lumie Helps Win User

Lost token

Hi there Racca R.

I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with your Minecraft launcher token.

The token you deleted is likely a session token used by the Minecraft launcher to authenticate your account without requiring you to log in every time. Deleting this token means the launcher can't verify your credentials automatically, which is why you're unable to play.

The simplest solution is to reauthenticate your account by logging in again. Here's how to do it:

Open the Minecraft Launcher: Start the Minecraft launcher you usually use.
    Log Out: If you're not already logged out, log out from your current session. You can usually find this option in the launcher settings or by clicking on your profile icon.
    Log In Again: Enter your Minecraft (Mojang/Microsoft) account email and password. This will generate a new session token, allowing you to play the game.

Ensure that you have the correct email and password for your Minecraft account. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it:

Mojang Accounts: Go to the Mojang account login page and use the "Forgot Password" feature.
    Microsoft Accounts: If you’ve migrated to a Microsoft account, go to the Microsoft account login page and use the "Forgot Password" feature.

Ensure that your Minecraft launcher is up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause authentication issues. You can download the latest version of the launcher from the official Minecraft website.

You can also reinstall the launcher.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  5. Hoskayra Win User

I can't login to Minecraft launcher!

Hello, Its V my name is Oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

It's definitely concerning that the Minecraft launcher isn't showing your correct Microsoft account when you try to log in. This could be due to several reasons, so let's explore some troubleshooting options:

Verify your Microsoft Account Credentials:

Double-check the email address and password you're entering for your Microsoft account.

Make sure you're using the correct Microsoft account associated with your Minecraft license.

If you have multiple Microsoft accounts, ensure you're selecting the correct one in the login window.

Check for Cached Data:

Sometimes, cached data can interfere with the login process.

Try resetting the Minecraft launcher by following these steps:

Close the Minecraft launcher completely.
    Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.

Type %appdata% and press Enter.
    Navigate to the ".minecraft" folder and delete the "launcher_accounts.json" file.
    This will clear your cached login information.

Restart the Minecraft launcher and try logging in again.

Update the Minecraft Launcher:

Ensure you're using the latest version of the Minecraft launcher.

Outdated versions may contain bugs that cause login issues.
    Open the Minecraft launcher and go to Settings.

Click on "Installations" and then "New Installation".

Select the latest version of Minecraft and click "Create".

Once the installation is complete, try logging in again.

Sign Out and Sign In Again:

If you're logged into your Microsoft account on other devices, try signing out and signing back in.
    This can sometimes refresh your account information and resolve the issue.

Additional Tips:

Ensure you have a stable internet connection.

Disable any VPN or antivirus software that might be interfering with the login process.

Consider checking for any known server outages or maintenance periods affecting Minecraft logins.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  6. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

When I click buy from the Minecraft launcher it takes me to this website https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition?ref=Launcher I'm not logged in and it has the option to purchase Minecraft but after logging in to the that website with same Microsoft account that I had logged into the Minecraft launcher with the purchase option is replaced with Already own Minecraft? Download it again. and the launcher download button.
Thema:

1. why can i not log in to minecraft launcher when clicking microsoft login - Similar Threads - why log minecraft

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  4. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  5. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  6. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....
  7. Why can’t I log into Cookieisblu ac

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I log into Cookieisblu ac: I put *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** when I was men yo put *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 2921f788-ce83-49b1-991c-24a90fb02a0c
  8. Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I getting a white screen every time I have to log in to my Xbox series s?: I have set up my Xbox so I don’t have to log in every time yet it still comes up. Then when I put in my password it loads for a bit then a white screen appears. I have tried everything. From...
  9. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  10. Why does minecraft log me out?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does minecraft log me out?: Once I forget my email and lose my phone it says "you have to log in with your main account." I have 3 different accounts just because of minecraft, its always logging me out or it always says...