Why can I hear my self speak and have a buzzing sound in the background

Discus and support Why can I hear my self speak and have a buzzing sound in the background in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve got a hyperx cloud wireless headset with a usb connection and all of a sudden I can hear a buzzing in both sides of the headset And also I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gary Lynch1, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Gary Lynch1
    Gary Lynch1 Guest

I’ve got a hyperx cloud wireless headset with a usb connection and all of a sudden I can hear a buzzing in both sides of the headset

And also I can hear my self speak even with mic monitoring off

What can I do to fix this?

:)

Gary Lynch1, Aug 17, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

3. DullOmnivore319 Win User

Microphone buzz

While I cannot offer a suggestion on that particular headset, I can inform you about the buzz and what others may hear. Often times a buzz on your end can produce no sound for your friends to hear. A great way to check would be to turn on party overlay and
    see if your name is highlighted as producing sound when you are not speaking. If your name does not appear or is not highlighted, it is safe to assume your friends cannot hear any background noise from your mic.

As for buzz with a particular headset, I would suggest checking out the Steelseries FAQ or support as it may provide you more specific solutions to your problem.
  4. fifa 2k12NANI Win User

Headset not working

Why is my mic *** not working it was making a buzzing sound now it's stop but can't hear any think it is pissing me off can some please help
  5. tohellnbak Win User

Gaming Headset Options for Xbox One

POLK was or possibly still is a very high audio company. They make excellent speakers and racks. Turtle Beaches have the best sound but you are right.. cheap as *** and break easily. Heavy battery drain as well which is why my TBs are wired now.... I had
    trittons.. did not like them at all.. very uncomfortable.. not very shape conforming to head...had decent sound but did not have a pass through mic (Can hear your self speak through speakers, without that you tend to talk VERY LOUD)
  6. Karch V Amadeo Win User

My Kinect

I speak so rarely that it has to hear my voice a few times (Like 30 seconds of just yelling different commands to get used to me) just to differentiate me from background sounds. After which it works perfectly.
Thema:

1. Why can I hear my self speak and have a buzzing sound in the background - Similar Threads - Why hear self

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can Xbox hear me but not deliver of play back my messages to others?: At first I had the connect as a communal microphone on the Xbox One. Recently I changed to a 3.5 mm communal mic the plugs into a splitter which splits chat and headphone sound separately and...
  7. Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I only hear background noises on my headset and no voices?: This problem started a week ago out of no where. I can only hear background sounds and little to no voices or footsteps. I have cleaned out my headset jack, tried my headset on another device...
  8. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  9. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  10. Why can nobody hear me on gamechat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can nobody hear me on gamechat: Hi my Xbox series s gamechat is faulty no one can hear me when gaming and I cannot hear chat in my soundbar also when I go to record message to send to someone I can't hear my chat through...