why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

Discus and support why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TYLER BILLMAN, Sep 12, 2023.

1. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money

:)

TYLER BILLMAN, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Cristiana_C Win User

Hello, Tyler!

Did I understood correctly that you are trying to add money to the child Microsoft account and you can't do it?

Or is it that you don't want to have this option?

Cristiana
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

6 digit code???

Not knowing exactly how you have things set up I'll assume your childs account is under parental controls. As such you may need to approve any purchases on the child account using the parental account if you have Ask a parent enabled on the Xbox.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4047310/microsoft-account-require-kids-to-ask-before-buying-stuff

As for adding funds

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

I'd double check you're signed into the parent account when attempting to add money to the child account, as for the error you're seeing it could be a number of things.

If you still have problems please post the error message or code you're seeing and without a doubt someone can help further.
  4. MarkCox9 Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account
    No, the Minecraft Store redirects the user to the Microsoft Store.

The parent gets the email request for permission from the Microsoft Store not the Minecraft Store.

Following the above steps I get this also error PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing regardless of whether I try and add money via a desktop browser or mobile phone browser.

This is for Minecraft on the PC & there is no avoiding the Microsoft Store which cannot cope with online payments.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

Parental Consent Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot remove parental lock even though I'm an adult

Only a parental (adult account) can change the privacy settings for a child account. Your parents should open an adult account and add your child account to it.
Thema:

1. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account - Similar Threads - why parent add

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. Why do I still need parent permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need parent permission?: I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove...
  7. why can't I open fh4 auction and it always says about parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can't I open fh4 auction and it always says about parental control: I just bought a new laptop and I bought fh4 on steam and its linked to my new xbox account that i make. how do I deactivate my family safety permanetly 2422220d-4fd9-4872-ae8c-43bc3fc1f02c
  8. Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft’s parental controls suck so bad? I have a theory that it is the poor...: I think the identity management systems are terrible. Maybe they could write and API to Google. 4df3d1a3-fd3b-48a8-9559-3bc2c7f0a3b2
  9. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  10. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...