Why aren’t games and apps, including Xbox services, not working?

Discus and support Why aren’t games and apps, including Xbox services, not working? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been having issues connecting to multiple Xbox services on my Xbox, including the Xbox support app. For some reason this is also happening to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Justin T78, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Justin T78
    Justin T78 Guest

I’ve been having issues connecting to multiple Xbox services on my Xbox, including the Xbox support app. For some reason this is also happening to my games and apps in a general sense. When trying to open a game or app I’m presented with a black screen that sits there for awhile, then told it took too long to start; along with this, my downloading of games is being affected as well; my RDR2 had been downloading for about an hour and had an update afterwards, but when I started the update it stopped at a random point through, gave me “Installation stopped” or it said updating but didn’t move. All of the original problems coincidently started with the stop of the update. I’ve tried everything from clearing local storage, holding down the power button for 10 seconds, restarting my Xbox, and I’ve already ruled out my Wi-Fi as the issue. I’m at a loss and want to know if there is a way to fix this without resetting my console.

:)

Justin T78, Jun 20, 2023
  2. Justin T78 Win User

I reset my Xbox as instructed and it fixed everything! I really do mean everything! All of my apps and games work now and RDR2 is updating normally; it even fixed my controllers issue of scrolling on its own. My controller had been moving in game and on almost any UI I could access on Xbox, including games for years at this point. At first I believed it to be stick drift but after resetting my Xbox, it apparently wasn’t the case. So who knows how long I’ve been having issues without realizing it.

Thank you sir for the help!

Edit: After a few hours, the downloading problem has started again but other things seem to still function.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Justin!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

There seems to be a system issue on your console, possibly a corrupted system update on your Xbox console OS.

As part of our troubleshooting steps, you may need to try to connect your console to a wired network connection and proceed with the game download/update.

If that didn't work, the only best option is to perform a factory reset keep my games and apps in order to fix this.

Before you proceed with your Factory reset I just want to inform you that you will only choose Reset and keep my games and apps to make sure your saved data won't be deleted permanently and also all of the accounts that are set as home Xbox will be removed and all signed in accounts will be signed out from the console.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Justin T78 Win User

After resetting, all of my service issues and the ability to play games has fixed but I still can’t download games. When I first start the download it will install at a slower rate than it should, then drop in download speed before it gives me the "installation stopped" error. It does install slightly if I repeatedly switch between my Wi-Fi plans and when It first turns on after a hard shutdown; the speed is usually what’s it’s supposed to be after that, then it drops from around almost 200mbs to 56kbs before stopping entirely. Resetting never fixed this issue and this issue isn’t my internet so I am stumped.
  5. Leenalovesfood Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD (games not working)

***** ANOTHER THING TO MENTION*****

My Netflix works fine and that uses Xbox Gold soooo??? why aren’t the games working 🙄
  6. D4vid 360 Win User

Evolve kala dlc

Hi, aren’t the servers and the online service for this game completely shut off?

I believe this game is no longer working, but i am not sure
Thema:

1. Why aren’t games and apps, including Xbox services, not working? - Similar Threads - Why aren’t games

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  4. why aren’t my gift cards working?

in XBoX on Windows
    why aren’t my gift cards working?: I have just redeemed 2 £25 xbox gift cards but it doesn’t show up when i try to buy something. it says i have redeemed them in my recently purchased but i can’t actually use them. whenever i try...
  5. Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed: More of a statement then a question, I hate how I have a gamer pic with absolutely nothing wrong, or inappropriate, but Microsoft bans all my online activity that I [mod removed] pay real money I...
  6. Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why aren’t my use ports working I cleaned them and did a soft and hard reset but did not...: I tryed everything to fix my usb ports but nothing worked I cleaned them I checked them every thing but nothing 04cb3d6b-b2fd-4350-8adf-dfbad7c06c6a
  7. Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try...: Why does my party say that “sorry, voice and text chat aren’t available right now. Try joining the party again a while later.” It’s really annoying as I was playing with my mates, then the Xbox...
  8. Why aren’t any cross play setting available when I go into my mw3 setting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren’t any cross play setting available when I go into my mw3 setting: I’m on pc When I go into my mw3 setting under account and network there is no option for cross play at all, not in search tab and it’s not the same as I have seen on YouTube videos, can you help...
  9. why aren’t my minecraft worlds syncing between multiple xboxes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why aren’t my minecraft worlds syncing between multiple xboxes: i used my account on a different xbox to create a minecraft world and now when i return to my xbox the world had not carried over, however i made another world (that i did not use) and it carried...
  10. Why aren’t my game stats in the achievements section accurate?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren’t my game stats in the achievements section accurate?: When checking stats on my games. They seem to be inaccurate. I have lots of 100% games at nothing in the time play section. On gta 5 it says i’ve played gta overall fir 73 days but played gta...