Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

Discus and support Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ASRS, Jan 9, 2024.

1. ASRS
    ASRS Guest

I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore.

After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on Christmas day and it was denied. I've contacted support several more times and have had no reply.

It's a faulty product that I believe I am entitled to a refund for under UK law. This is direct from the .gov website guidance on your responsibility to me:

You have to offer a refund for certain items only if they’re faulty, such as:

• personalised items and custom-made items, for example curtains
    • perishable items, for example frozen food or flowers
    • newspapers and magazines
    • unwrapped CDs, DVDs and computer software

You have to offer refund for faulty computer software.

So why am I being given the run around on this? I'm a loyal Xbox gamer and spend alot of money with you guys, so I wasn't expecting this to be such a massive headache

It's broken, please can I have my money back.

My next step would be to complain to a Consumer Rights Watchdog, or get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau. . . Which is frankly ridiculous.

:)

ASRS, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello ASRS, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. For this type of case you can request a REFUND, there is a form, which is as follows:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

You can find the order number here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

There you will have to fill out the form with some information that will be requested and you should know that in case the refund request is rejected, you will have to respond to the email they sent you explaining the reason for your refund so that the team in charge can review the request again.

You should also know that game refunds must be made before 14 days have passed since the game was purchased and the game has not been played for a long time, that is, considerable hours of play have not been accumulated. Otherwise, if these prerequisites are not met, the game cannot be refunded.

Subscriptions can be refunded within 30 days of purchase.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Fallout 76 Refund Not Eligible?

The game is so bad they should give everyone a refund no questions asked.

If you were denied, I don't even know what you can do at this stage. You were sold a broken faulty product so I feel for ya.
  4. Blitzz F Win User

where has the microsoft support went its sucks now ive been trying to get help for days

i just bought it last night and they denied my refund lol

i got a faulty digital download
  5. H0b0W1taShotgun Win User

Xbox One Wont Power On

If you bought from a physical store and not online I would suggest you try my trick of standing in the queue with your faulty product.

They couldn't wait to get rid of me as everyone was asking what was up with mine!

While I was there another guy was bringing his back due to faulty kinect/controller issues.

Also someone with blu ray drive not working - if you bought it from a shop demand a refund your right as a consumer is that they have sold you a faulty product and must replace it or give you a full refund!

If you bought from tesco - it's up to TESCO! They sold you a faulty product

Good luck folks.
  6. Ahh Matt Win User

Xbox elite series 2

I would return this to the place that you purchased it from, with your receipt, and ask for a refund or exchange as the product sounds faulty.

Thema:

1. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product. - Similar Threads - Why are denying

2. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  3. Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email: I sent out a refund because there was a game I didn't want and it rejected it despite under 14 days and I didn't even get a email even when it said I would 193f28e6-053f-4948-b63e-58110d2634e3
  4. Why is my refund request denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my refund request denied: I did every thing required and it still got denied please help me d1c1b0d1-78ed-43b0-8885-85a5035b33b0
  5. Why my request for refund is denied?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my request for refund is denied?: Why my request for refund is denied? 5f2b1ecf-39d8-4e1a-9fd1-13995bf9e6ab
  6. Why did you deny my game refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did you deny my game refund?: I want my money back. It’s a **** dlc. Not a full game. False advertising cash grab!!! Mw3 yeah right!! 2a12579a-b2d2-4233-86ed-47aa40510ca2
  7. Why was my refund denied? No way to appeal?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was my refund denied? No way to appeal?: I requested a refund and was denied due to hitting limits for the year. I have never requested a refund ever before though. I have seen the same questions and answer is reply to the email. I also...
  8. I don't understand why my refund was denied?

in XBoX on Windows
    I don't understand why my refund was denied?: I applied for a refund on a game which was age of wonders 4 , and was denied. However I don't understand why I was denied a refund, as I was informed that I had already passed the limited number...
  9. Why was I suspended and my appeals denied?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why was I suspended and my appeals denied?: I was wrongly suspended due to a strike system which was never disclosed. I was somehow suspended due to SINGLE letters? How does a single letter, not words, not sentences cause me to be...
  10. Why was my game refund denied immediatly?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why was my game refund denied immediatly?: I bought Lords of the Fallen 2, which was released on October 13, 2023. With only 6 hours of play time most of it involving crashes and issues of the game not starting. Among the other bountiful...