Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?

Discus and support Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been on XBOX since the original, a live/gamepass member for almost 19 yrs! And this is the 1st time ive really considered dropping the platform all... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Stryke007, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Stryke007
    Stryke007 Guest

Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned?

Ive been on XBOX since the original, a live/gamepass member for almost 19 yrs! And this is the 1st time ive really considered dropping the platform all together. Now is literally the worst time to be a legit gamer who choses NOT to cheat in games. Almost every game currently out is swarming with Cronus and XIM users trying to get any edge they can over others. Its pathetic really, and really ruins the gaming experience. Most people say they are only in high ranks, which in this day simply isint true. With those products popularity, players of all skill levels are using them in all ranks, in many games to get that edge. Microsoft has the ability to ban these products, especially as one can add scripts to the game changing recoil, AA and other things, and one tricks the console into thinking its a device that it is not allowing it in lobbies its not ment for. Both giving enough reason to Ban, Instead Microsoft chooses to ALLOW players experience to suffer instead. It should not be left soley on game developers to try to detect and ban these products, when Microsoft could do a much more effective job if they chose to do so. Ive already been moving over to my PC & steam much more and may soon just need to make the full switch dropping all microsoft accounts.

:)

Stryke007, Nov 22, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

as stated, cheatint devices are not allowed on Xbox, if you see someone using them, report them both to the game publishers report system as well as Xbox. blocking those devices is not simple because they ride a legitimate controller ID. They have to be banned on the server side, watching for patterns of use and such, which Activision has made great strides in doing

https://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-warzone-modern-warfare-2-14000-cheaters-banned/

No legitimate, licensed third-party controllers have been banned. Unlicensed, unapproved controllers have always been banned from Xbox, which includes other companies using now latched exploits to bypasss the authentication. The term third-party means that you have an official contract with the company in question.

If you're upset that a device no longer works, you should contact the manufacturer and ask them to get an official Xbox controller license

this has been the case for the entire 20+ year existence of Xbox
  3. Mike GatorMouse Win User

You literally didn't even try to answer his question.

Just say you guys aren't able to detect it (the truth) so there's nothing that you can do about it.

And if you can detect it, and continue to do absolutely nothing, then you can't really say that you don't condone cheating.

So which is it?
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Stryke007,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the cheating devices in video games as I am a gamer myself and I know this could really be frustrating, but I am with you on this.
    Microsoft do not tolerate cheating as we always want fair and fun Xbox experience for everyone. However, as for banning these devices it is really upon the individual game developers to enforce their own rules and regulations regarding cheating devices.
    One thing is for sure, Microsoft do not allow cheating which is stated on Xbox Community Standards | Xbox. If you observe or experience someone violating our Community Standards, we highly suggest you report it. Your report is important to us when other players aren’t playing by the rules.
    For your reference on how to report a player, you may check this link: How to report a player | Xbox Support

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Mike GatorMouse Win User

Nobody cares about the 3rd party controllers. This question isn't about that.

Just say that the people at Xbox aren't good enough to detect them and do anything about it, so they have to rely on third-party developers (usually unlicensed with no contract to the company in question) to do it for them.

Good job, guys, you're doing great as always 👏
  6. YSAMURAISHINOBI Win User

I'm sorry but this is stance on the subject is the exact reason xim and cronus are used this much to cheat.

You didn't even answer his question and it makes 0 sense altogether.

So you say cheating with Xim and Cronus is against the Xbox guidelines because it is cheating everyone uses it to cheat. Xbox has supported mouse and keyboard so the but the disabled argument is nonsense. Yet you also say it is up to game developers to implement systems to prevent cheating. How does that make sense when the xim and cronus mess with the xbox and not the game and if you have actually have been detecting the xim and cronus for months if not years by now, why in the world is it up to developers when you could take action right here right now.

This is exactly why I left xbox for multiplayer games, you all talk big but in reality lack any ability and resolve to take appriorite measure to live up to your promises. Also this entire push against unauthorized 3th party hardware is just a cashgrab like always. Instead of taking an opportunity, like always microsoft fails. Oh but the disabled and being inclusive for everyone yet you ruin the core experience you aim to deliver is pathetic and miserable.
Thema:

1. Why are XIM and Cronus still allowed on XBOX yet legit 3rd part products are now banned? - Similar Threads - Why are XIM

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...