Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location?

Discus and support Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?. Why short... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Scooby Pete, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Scooby Pete
    Scooby Pete Guest

if I log in at my work which is a Swedish company, so it uses a Swedish VPN the rewards are greater and my connection at home which is UK.?.

Why short change the UK?

Also the Jewel reward is not registering when I complete at home or at work?

Swedish rewards:
    Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location? [​IMG]

UK rewards:

Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location? [​IMG]

:)

Scooby Pete, Mar 13, 2024
  2. Scooby Pete Win User

Hi,

This is the 1st time I have logged into the app via my work vpn as the rewards are not dropping when I use the app at home which is the UK and where my account is registered and the uk region is selected.

I thought to try the app during my lunch break to see if the reward had dropped as it has been delayed in the past which is when I noticed the difference in rewards.

I have never had or intended to use the app via a vpn I just find it curious why other regions can earn 105 points for the same activities that only reward 40 points in the uk.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Scooby P. I understand, I just wanted to inform you about VPNs and how they impact your rewards account.

Actually, there are other regions giving less points than the UK. For example, in my country, I only earn 10 points after playing a PC game while in the UK you earn 50. So, it could be a marketing reason, but don't take my word as final.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Scooby P. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

The availability and quantity of how much points you earn per task depends on the country where you live. However, it's not possible to tell you why in some countries you can get high or fewer points. This is determined entirely by the Microsoft Rewards team.

Apart from that, I want to let you know that using VPNs or bypassing any kind of geographical restrictions to get more points in the Rewards program is against the program terms & conditions.
    Actually, your Rewards account could be banned for this, and you may not be eligible to appeal.

This VPN usage can be the one causing that you are having trouble with the Jewel reward. So, what I can recommend you is to double-check that the UK is selected as the region for your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile) and to disable the work VPN when you want to earn points.

In case you require further assistance about Microsoft Rewards or the Jewel task, you can contact them by clicking below:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=823675

This is suggested because they're the only ones that can review your rewards account.

Regards,

Arturo.
  5. DAVEBOB11 Win User

Microsoft rewards app problem.

My xbox rewards app keeps asking to update location
  6. ryan beddis Win User

Rewards app location error

The quality of support I received on this issue from the Microsoft Support channel has been disgraceful. Repeatedly accused of using a VPN when I do not, and the only thing that has changed in the last 12 months is my Internet Provider - they have no desire or interest in resolving this issue.
Thema:

1. Why are the rewards on the app different depending on location? - Similar Threads - Why are rewards

2. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  3. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  4. Why can i not redeem my gift code??? in rewards?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can i not redeem my gift code??? in rewards?: its giving my a error Microsoft Rewards points are only redeemable in the country/region they are earned in. im using a UK account and i live in iceland. 35be3616-c2d0-460c-bd6b-57bc6fa801cc
  5. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  6. Why didn't I get my reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why didn't I get my reward?: I redeemed 1800 of my Xbox reward points on 5-12-24 at around 10 P.M. and now on 5-13-24 at 1:38 p.m. I still have not received my reward. Why has this happened, and is there a way for me to get...
  7. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  8. Why didnt my reward redeem

in XBoX on Windows
    Why didnt my reward redeem: So i redeemed some coins for minecraft but i didnt get anything i did this before and it 31d76c9c-5211-4367-a594-f2d0360c8854
  9. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  10. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...