Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

Discus and support Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emiel van der Boon, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

Hi!

While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends. Personally I have an internet connection of 1000 Mbps, which can be reached with steam or other programmes without any problem. As you can imagine, it is a pain to download 100+ GB's of data with a capped connection as experienced in the microsoft store. I have tried fixes on the microsoft forums, but these do not help.

What is the reason for these atrocious download speeds and will it be fixed?

-a frustrated microsoft store user

:)

Emiel van der Boon, Jun 16, 2024
  2. Wildcat Krazy Win User

Call of duty advanced warfare digital no luck

Same thing with me guys! Here it is 1:00 pm on 11-03-14 and the digital download Is terrible! Slow download speed and constant freezing. My internet connection is fine by the way.! This is the last digital download I ever get from the Microsoft store! I
    was considering downloading the Master Chief Collection next week but I am defiantly passing on that now.
  3. tazzybakes Win User

Slow download speed on microsoft store.

Hi Guys

As I was reading through the links and threads the speed jumped up to max , I think they call it Information Technology !! sometimes just talking about things helps ! go figure !
  4. Atherza Win User

Hey there, what is the error code you are receiving?
  5. tazzybakes Win User

I'm experiencing the same issue , no errors or anything but the MS store is only grabbing 40meg of an available 200meg and I have Delivery optimization enabled.
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

I wonder if it is an error on Microsoft's side.
Thema:

Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

1. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow? - Similar Threads - Why are download

2. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  3. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  4. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  5. Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.: Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet. I have tried everything, resetting it, et cetera. 50638947-7199-49c6-b3ea-7260f9811b83
  6. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  7. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  8. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  9. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  10. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...