Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them?

Discus and support Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by B_148, May 16, 2024.

1. B_148
    B_148 Guest

I have gone through so many Xbox controllers with stick drift it is ridiculous. I purchased the Xbox Series S just to have my controller conveniently get stick drift exactly 1 month after the 1-year warranty expired. These controllers run $60 a pop. Is Microsoft ever going to create a product that last longer than a year? Thoughts?

:)

B_148, May 16, 2024
  2. ngocphi Win User

You know newgen controllers are out right? Keep in mind analog sticks have been around forever drift happens depending on use

With driftless capabilities because you can recalibrate for deadzones on the device

They cost a bunch

200 plus unless you buy wired

Hall effects controllers came out last year

And a load of new features multi profile custom button mapping

Back padels

Haptic feedback

Adaptive triggers etc
  3. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  4. Auswulf Win User

Reset Alert Confirmation?

Obvious scam is obvious. Why would Microsoft ask for your password and details it smells of a scam.
  5. KOtheOGODHDSHOT Win User

Wierd noise in MP ?

My headset does that and I have no idea why or how to fix it. I plan on just buying a new one anyways.
  6. Ullas H Win User

Every Xbox controller I own ends up having a disfunctional right bumper button, sometimes within 3 months of getting the controller

Cliff,

I purchased all of my controllers from Microsoft. That is why I am asking on the forums for help. Since my controllers are out of warranty, is there any way to get them fixed?
Thema:

1. Why are the controllers such a scam and does Microsoft plan on fixing them? - Similar Threads - Why are controllers

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  8. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  9. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  10. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...