Why are my updates on my Xbox one so much bigger than on my series x

Discus and support Why are my updates on my Xbox one so much bigger than on my series x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have an Xbox one but about a year ago I got an Xbox series x and I moved my Xbox one to another room and didn't use it as much. But recently... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pinballprowler1, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Why are my updates on my Xbox one so much bigger than on my series x

I used to have an Xbox one but about a year ago I got an Xbox series x and I moved my Xbox one to another room and didn't use it as much. But recently I found that when doing the same update on both Xboxes the Xbox ones updates are significantly larger for example a update for Fortnite on my series x was about 3 GB but the same update on my Xbox one is 33GB. This is happening with all my updates. Can someone please let me know what is going on and is there a way to fix it.

:)

Pinballprowler1, Jul 20, 2022
  2. Pinballprowler1 Win User

Ok that makes sense but I've done multiple updates already to Fortnite on the Xbox one since using it again and they have all been relatively small never more than I think 5 GB maybe a little more for the new season update but now I've got this big 33GB update so why is it only coming now
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Pinballprowler1. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since your Xbox One was on "stand by" for almost one year, several patches and updates were made and released (both for the console and for games) during this period.

So right now, let's say Fortnite releases an update. Your Xbox Series X already had the latest version before this update, so from that version to the most recent one, it only takes 3GB of files. Now, your Xbox One has the Fortnite version of one year ago (same for all other games and system files). So the Fortnite version of one year ago needs 33GB of files updated because it is way outdated than the previous latest one your Xbox Series X has.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Why are my updates so much bigger than my friends?

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Why are my updates so much bigger than my friends?

Hello pxrstx,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

There could be several reasons why your update is significantly larger than your friend's. One possibility is that you have additional content or DLC installed for the game, which requires a larger update. Another possibility is that your Xbox may have missed previous updates, causing the current update to be larger.

Try clearing your Xbox's cache by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, unplugging the power cord, waiting for 30 seconds, and then plugging it back in and turning it on. You can also try manually checking for updates by going to "My games & apps" > "Updates" and selecting "Check for updates." Then, restart console.

If the issue persists on all games, please let us know the following details:

1. Are you part of Xbox Insider?
    2. Do you have DLC for all of your games?

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox series x updates bigger than my friends

Hello there @ITs Peter x, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh to show the same amount it has. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Why are my updates on my Xbox one so much bigger than on my series x - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. Why are these apps always in the update queue?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are these apps always in the update queue?: Every time I open the update queue, Events (Beta), Microsoft Rewards on Xbox, Xbox Original Avatars, and Xbox Avatar Editor need an update. This doesn’t appear to have anything to do with console...
  3. Why dose my internet go out when I update something on my Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose my internet go out when I update something on my Xbox: I bought a new Xbox series X/S yesterday and when I went to plug it in and set it up My internet would shut off then when I went to update something on my Xbox the internet just randomly shuts off...
  4. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...
  5. Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...: Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it would help. It’s only showing me from 8 hours ago. I need to see whom i just played with...
  6. Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?: Everytime a game needs to update it gets stuck in the updates section until I click update all, even though under the updates settings I have the checkbox checked for auto updating? Xbox Series X...
  7. Why won’t my new Xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new Xbox update: Why won’t my new Xbox x series update so I can log in 652ad2f8-8a65-4b7d-8e5d-2da29ced1bbf
  8. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  9. Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does minecraft 3ds not get updates: Plz help why does minecraft 3ds not get updates 84a5c3e4-6b97-4bc5-8702-59eed95cb908
  10. Why is my Original xbox one ruining power bricks with every single xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Original xbox one ruining power bricks with every single xbox update: I Have an original xbox one and every single time xbox does an update it causes powerfully issues. Before I went aftermarket I went oem with power supplies I bought 1 new 1 refurbished and 1 used...