Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?

Discus and support Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been playing Starfield on my Series S and then I go to play on my steamdeck via cloud gaming. This is fine, it syncs the saves from the servers... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel Kirwan, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?

I have been playing Starfield on my Series S and then I go to play on my steamdeck via cloud gaming. This is fine, it syncs the saves from the servers that have been uploaded from my Series S but that does NOT happen the other way around.

So, I play on steam deck through cloud gaming, I save game, I return to main menu. I exit the cloud service via the Quit game button in the top left corner, give some feedback on the experience. But when I come to play on my Series S next or via cloud gaming again, I get the following issue.

"Your other console is taking too long to sync, please click try again to try again or get the last synced saves"

This is very annoying and I wont be playing the game again via cloud as I cannot rely on the service to upload my saves.

Can you explain why my saves are not being uploaded when playing on cloud via the Steam deck?

:)

Daniel Kirwan, Sep 12, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?

Hi Daniel!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Starfield saves not being uploaded to the cloud when playing on the Steam deck via cloud gaming. It's possible that there may be a syncing issue between your Series S and the cloud servers.

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend checking your internet connection to ensure that it's stable and strong enough to support cloud gaming. You can also try signing out of your Xbox account on both devices and then signing back in to see if that resolves the syncing issue.

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or escalate the issue to the appropriate team for further investigation. To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. Wayne Stuck Win User

STARFIELD...cloud synch lost game

I feel your pain. I lost my whole game.. .2 weeks worth of play. Xbox has inferred that the issuebis the "cloud beta". I'm just wondering why Microsoft would initiate the cloud based save system during the release of Starfield. Everyone that has ever played a Bethesda game knows they are infamous in their own right for having game save issues.

I personally have quit Starfield and won't Plat any games that require cloud saves until (if they ever do) Xbox fixes the problem.
  5. Wayne Stuck Win User

What good is cloud based saves if it doesn't work ???

Thanks for the reply. Xbox has told that they do have known issues with Starfield and their cloud based save system. I have synched the game repeatedly and have performed local saves and the game even shows when it's auto saving. But if for some reason the game gets "out of cloud synch" all of these saves, local or auto, are lost because the game actually didn't save because of the cloud synch issue
  6. G.Wild Win User

Starfield running out of save game space as game save gets larger and soon won't allow saving further.

How do you play Starfield on a PC OFFLINE?

I only get the offline option when the cloud sync fails at startup.

At level 150+ my appdata folder has 694 saves, yet the UI only show the few I keep (about 6) - and manually deleting the appdata saves and keeping the last few days saves causes sync issues: with the message my cloud saves are newer than my local saves; which they aren't. There is some sort of sync bug where timestamps aren't being kept clean in the cloud. Probable something simply like my MST PC files copied to a EST server thus the timezone difference flags the cloud files as newer.
Thema:

1. Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud? - Similar Threads - Why are saves

2. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  3. I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been trying to save emblems but I keep getting an error why can’t we save emblems...: Microsoft can you please let us create emblems again I have been trying to make new emblems and as even go far as competing and none of the emblems save. Everyone speculates it’s because of...
  4. Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my brand new series X showing error of not having enough space to save?: A brand new series X right out of the box, plugged it in,dl a list of my games in its hard drive,then tried to start Skyrim.... Error 0x80830003 continuously! Says no available space to save! On a...
  5. Why did my cloud save disappear?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my cloud save disappear?: I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on my series X for months using cloud gaming (I do not have the game installed, there are no local saves). Today I went to play but my save, representing 50ish...
  6. Why can't I save my edited Avatar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I save my edited Avatar?: I have googled and tried every suggestion that I have read. Nothing seems to work. I always get the "something went wrong" error message. Has anybody figured this out? I have uninstalled and...
  7. Why do I need next generations uns dlc to use my save data on ninja storm 4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need next generations uns dlc to use my save data on ninja storm 4?: I can’t play ninja storm 4 unless I start a new save data and I refuse to do so but I also don’t care to buy the uns dlc either. 35443c2c-d6c1-49c8-b9b3-26f4b7cca635
  8. Why is my non dedicated server not saving.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my non dedicated server not saving.: I'm playing, building and traveling with my buddy to play this game. Penguins were not showing up in the game at all. I looked out for help and saw some one say put in prevent hibernation. Ever...
  9. Why did my Xbox say can’t save no more space. Then clear 50% of the space in my Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my Xbox say can’t save no more space. Then clear 50% of the space in my Xbox.: To then be told to sign out and sign back in to the profile which purchased it “my profile” to then lose 3 hours worth of game play. Why have I lost my game when I’m the one who bought it? What a...
  10. Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage: Why I can’t save anymore and I have storage 8e9d8b76-4206-4589-9450-fc8d749a7895