Why are my clips missing from just one match?

Discus and support Why are my clips missing from just one match? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I typically play a lot of Dead by Daylight and will take a lot of clips in it. So I got into a few matches with my friends last night and took at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by derek2855, Sep 14, 2023.

1. derek2855
    derek2855 Guest

So I typically play a lot of Dead by Daylight and will take a lot of clips in it. So I got into a few matches with my friends last night and took at least 15 clips probably 10 of them being in one specific match with an awesome pc wesker. So after finishing for the night I checked my clips to find I had a few from before the wesker match and a few after but literally none from the match I took the most in. They hadn't been uploaded, I'm viewing on console storage for captures and it's like that whole match is just gone. Even the screenshot I took of the leaderboard to remember the killers name. Would appreciate if anyone had insight into where they went or if I can recover them.

:)

derek2855, Sep 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello derek2855,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you lost some of your clips in Dead by Daylight, that must be frustrating. There are a few possible reasons why your clips might not have been saved properly. One is that your console storage was full and couldn't record any more clips. Another is that there was a network error or a glitch in the game that prevented the clips from uploading to the cloud. A third possibility is that you accidentally deleted the clips or changed the settings for how long they are stored.

To check if your console storage is full, go to Settings > System > Storage and see how much space you have left. If it's less than 10%, you might want to delete some old clips or games that you don't need anymore. To check if there was a network error or a glitch, go to Settings > Network > Network settings and see if you have a good connection and no errors. If you do, try restarting your console and router and see if that fixes the issue. To check if you deleted the clips or changed the settings, go to Capture & share > Manage captures and see if you can find the clips there. If not, go to Capture & share > Capture settings and see if you have the option to "Automatically upload" turned on and how long you want to keep your captures.

Please see: Manage your game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you find your missing clips or at least prevent this from happening again in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your issue has been resolved. We won't be monitoring this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Double Negativ Win User

My Friends can't see my captures

Exactly! That's why I miss being able to share my clips!
  6. MackNewman23 Win User

Xbox clips have disappeared

I know how to see and edit my clips but they have all dissapeared apart from my very recent ones, and three from 95 days ago... there are over 80 clips missing
Thema:

1. Why are my clips missing from just one match? - Similar Threads - Why are clips

2. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  3. Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???: This just became a problem now and i dont know what else to do. I power cycles and restarted my xbos, i have a series X plus i have more then enough space, i updated everything. Like what else is...
  4. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Why do my clips have lag even though I wasn’t lagging

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do my clips have lag even though I wasn’t lagging: Recently when I take game clips the clips end up having lag even though I didn’t have lag in the game, the clip also is buffering when I view it, the lag is the clip itslef...
  7. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  8. why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video: my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f69579f-ec2c-47bd-a218-a2488d115c95
  9. Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there a sad face next to my PC clips on Xbox game bar?: For some reason there is a sad face next to my clips on my PC Xbox game bar. 06c47bdc-c177-44c7-a3cc-4f3cff4dc133
  10. Why have I lost my clips that I uploaded to OneDrive and aren't all there?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I lost my clips that I uploaded to OneDrive and aren't all there?: I just uploaded 146 clips to OneDrive I wait till my Xbox said it was uploaded then deleted some for space and I've lost everything? And on my OneDrive I only have 6?...