Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

Discus and support Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ah I see, all the news I had heard on it up until now was that the game did not turn a profit. However, the steep discounts on the game, and the HD... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IXISTiCKYIXI, Mar 8, 2014.

  1. Veroku Chan
    Veroku Chan Guest

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99


    Ah I see, all the news I had heard on it up until now was that the game did not turn a profit. However, the steep discounts on the game, and the HD release on next gen consoles has got a lot to do with the sales hike I'm sure.

    Nevertheless I stand by my opinion on the standardized pricing of games fading away in favor of a more sliding scale setup based on what the game delivers.
     
    Veroku Chan, Mar 10, 2014
    #16
  2. IXISTiCKYIXI
    IXISTiCKYIXI Guest
    Companies abusing the exchange rate as a mechanism to gouge profit is nothing new in Canada.

    Just look at the cross boarder car industry, where cars produced in Canada cost more to buy in Canada than the US. Far more than the exchange rates. And when Canadians travel to the US, to buy their OWN cars back, they are sometimes banned from purchasing
    them, depending on the dealership to keep this scam running.

    www.cbc.ca/.../canadians-pay-more-than-americans-for-canadian-made-vehicles-1.1141083
     
    IXISTiCKYIXI, Mar 10, 2014
    #17
  3. I know what you mean. And to pre order games eg. Just Cause 3 it's $94.99 and after tax it's over $100
     
    PlatonicArt7547, Oct 28, 2015
    #18
  4. Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    Hey there, PlatonicArt7547! Sorry to hear about any frustrations on game prices, however those are set by the publisher, not Microsoft. This thread is almost 2 years old. If you need assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread detailing
    what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? .99 vs .99 :)
     
    Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. Veroku Chan Win User

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    Current pricing of games aside. Gamers as a whole are going to need to accept some price increases in the long run when it comes to video games. Game developers tend to lose money on some of the games being put out nowadays because the revenue just doesn't
    end up surpassing the development cost.

    And this isn't just with bad games, take the latest Tomb Raider for example. Great game, but just didn't turn a profit. So if we want to continue to see great games, we may have to put aside the "standard" pricing and start accepting a more sliding scale
    system based on a games quality, content, and development time. Some games are already doing this, such as Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zero, and Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare. To name a couple.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    It's always the same when a new console launches.360 games were much more expensive at launch but the price dropped after a while,it'll probably be the same for the xbox one.
  7. Veroku Chan Win User

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    Ah I see, all the news I had heard on it up until now was that the game did not turn a profit. However, the steep discounts on the game, and the HD release on next gen consoles has got a lot to do with the sales hike I'm sure.

    Nevertheless I stand by my opinion on the standardized pricing of games fading away in favor of a more sliding scale setup based on what the game delivers.
  8. SGT MacMillan Win User

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    I don't know where your getting this pricing from but in the U.S. everyone of those games is 59.99 at ebgames and gamestop.
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

    Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

    Hey there, PlatonicArt7547! Sorry to hear about any frustrations on game prices, however those are set by the publisher, not Microsoft. This thread is almost 2 years old. If you need assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread detailing
    what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
Thema:

Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99

Loading...
  1. Why are games more EXPENSIVE after Xbox One launch? $69.99 vs $59.99 - Similar Threads - Why are games

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  4. Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate

    in XboX Insiders
    Why cant i play rugby league 26 with cloud gaming even tho i have gamepass ultimate: Game purchase required. Cloud playable with gamepass essential, premium, ultimate. can someone explain what it means? submitted by /u/jjbapeakwatcher [link] [comments]
  5. Why no option for requesting legacy games to be released on pc and game pass

    in XboX Insiders
    Why no option for requesting legacy games to be released on pc and game pass: I am putting this up because Xbox has failed on a few occasions to capitalize on the name power of franchises and not make older games accessible to people. for example Halo Infinite should have...
  6. Any idea why this happens when I start games

    in XboX Insiders
    Any idea why this happens when I start games: I have a picture but it won’t let me attach it. the cursor from microsoft edge shows up on my screen when I launch games, it goes away once I clear cache. I don’t have a mouse plugged in and it...
  7. Why Is It Impossible to Exchange the Same Game for the Same Price on Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why Is It Impossible to Exchange the Same Game for the Same Price on Xbox?: I’ve been using Microsoft products and games for many years, but it’s surprisingly easy for them to push loyal customers away. I recently bought Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition as a...
  8. Why isn't the option to buy Xbox games enabled in Peru?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't the option to buy Xbox games enabled in Peru?: Only Game Pass is currently available, but if the option to buy games for the console were enabled, Xbox would have good sales in Peru.Only Game Pass is currently available, but if the option to...
  9. Why is the xbox game bar so terrible

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the xbox game bar so terrible: Party chat constantly bugged and not working. submitted by /u/Imaginary_Sort_851 [link] [comments]
  10. Why is not appearing the dlcs or deluxe version in this game?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is not appearing the dlcs or deluxe version in this game?: Hello community of Xbox Support I like to buy this game on my pc in the microsoft store but theres is a problem is not appearing any dlcs or deluxe version of the game is isnt the only assassins...