Why are Game Updates on XB1 so Large?

Discus and support Why are Game Updates on XB1 so Large? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; DR3, Forza 5, and BF4 all have game updates that are around 14GB, that's like half the size of the games... What are in these that cause the updates to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Th3 FPS MaNiAc, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Why are Game Updates on XB1 so Large?

DR3, Forza 5, and BF4 all have game updates that are around 14GB, that's like half the size of the games... What are in these that cause the updates to be so massive? There's not even that much new content. I know X360 never had any that big, the biggest
    I ever saw was like 2GB. IT'S WASTING ALL MY HARD DRIVE SPACE!!

:)

Th3 FPS MaNiAc, Aug 10, 2014
  2. KoFlare
    KoFlare Guest
    My system dosent turn off, wont update games in "sleep mode"

Well i know the xb1 stays running when you turn if off, but Why wont my xbos auto update games? Every time i get on i have to update a game, but i have auto update on

KoFlare, Aug 10, 2014
  3. Witcher 3 Xbox One gameplay

Hey, I've finished the PS4 version and this is a game I'll play again on XB1 after GTA 5 and maybe Unity. I have a question for you guys, on the ps4 there was allot of free dlc for this game, I can only assume the same applies for the XB1? Why ask? Download
    and update times Why are Game Updates on XB1 so Large? ;)

RedEye Expr3ss, Aug 10, 2014
  4. Spyroman12
    Spyroman12 Guest

I can understand how annoying this can be, but if you think about it, the graphics of each any content, plus the size...its going to be huge. As LanceX2 has suggested, if you do find yourself running out of space, you can go get an external hard drive. Or
    if that doesn't suit your fancy, you can delete some games if your running out of space.

Spyroman12, Aug 10, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: