Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?

Discus and support Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Got a new 4kuhd monitor for my series s but I think there's an upscaling issue or something since smaller hud text elements appear slightly fuzzy. For... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElliotRichardson, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine?

Got a new 4kuhd monitor for my series s but I think there's an upscaling issue or something since smaller hud text elements appear slightly fuzzy. For example on the Xbox home screen smaller text like my name tag, clock and menu icon symbols are slightly fuzzy. Another example is on some games (not all weirdly) the game appears fine graphically but the hud text elements such as subtitles, equipment/weapon trays, some menu text, are again fuzzy. I have tried messing with different settings on both Xbox and monitor but to no avail. Notes- (Using hdmi high speed cable provided with the Xbox, resolution is set to 4kuhd with 60hz)

:)

ElliotRichardson, Mar 4, 2024
  2. ElliotRichardson Win User

Hi thank you for the assistance. Alas resetting has not worked.
  3. ElliotRichardson Win User

It's an LG ultragear 27gr75q
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Elliot,

I am sorry it didn't work.

Which Monitor do you have?
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Please, reset* the Monitor settings as well:

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-...orm-a-factory-reset-CT10000030-20153185231127

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website.

The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ElliotRichardson, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
Thema:

1. Why are certain hud elements appearing fuzzy when the game itself appears fine? - Similar Threads - Why are certain

2. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  3. Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?: I just bought an elite controller today and I can’t click on the left stick to sprint in call of duty at certain angles. I can only click on it when I press exactly at a 45 degree angle....
  4. Why is Xbox kicking us out of the Console on certain games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox kicking us out of the Console on certain games?: We can get onto fortnight just fine, but trying to get onto rocket league in FIFA. The Xbox Console kicks us out. da0e5e4f-f35c-44d3-8501-5f939fa72d3b
  5. Why can’t I use a certain innocent word in my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I use a certain innocent word in my gamertag?: Why am I unable to use ‘batty’ in my gamer tag? It’s in my Instagram and my discord name it’s not a rude word just means crazy and If crazy is allowed why isn’t batty ?...
  6. Why is my Xbox One interface rapidly scrolling and not letting me select certain functions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One interface rapidly scrolling and not letting me select certain functions?: Hello! I'm currently experiencing an issue with my Xbox One. Whenever I start up my console, the whole interface seems to be locked to certain areas. By this I mean that any attempt to scroll up,...
  7. Why do certain achievements not unlock when met with the requirements?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do certain achievements not unlock when met with the requirements?: I frequently go for achievements in games that I enjoy, but sometimes I run into issues when trying to complete a game. Why do some achievements don’t unlock when I meet the requirements for it?...
  8. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  9. Why is my audio not working only in 1 certain game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my audio not working only in 1 certain game?: The new Call of duty modern warfare. The sound keeps cutting out. It's fine on the main screen but, when the game actually starts it cuts in and out. I have updated all drivers. uninstalled and...
  10. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It...