Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?

Discus and support Why are ban appeals treated so poorly? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My question is: Why are ban appeals handled so poorly? I ask this question because my Xbox was console banned and every account on it was banned for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WrongfullyBanned, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Why are ban appeals treated so poorly?

My question is: Why are ban appeals handled so poorly? I ask this question because my Xbox was console banned and every account on it was banned for "phishing" until the year 9999. Obviously with me never having done any "phishing" and confused by the ban, I reach out to appeal my ban and ask if there was some sort of mistake or why I was being banned. My appeal was swiftly rejected and I was told something along the lines of "Our job isn't to answer questions, your appeal is rejected, goodbye." and the case was closed. I lost my Xbox console, my Xbox account, multiple family members Xbox accounts, all of our purchases, Microsoft balances on the accounts, ability to contact support, etc. all for something I didn't do.

:)

WrongfullyBanned, Mar 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi WrongfullyBanned, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If the behavior demonstrated on an account is egregious, a permanent suspension may be issued regardless of the number of strikes on an account.

We don’t take permanent bans lightly, and these types of suspensions are only issued after a thorough investigation determines that a severe violation of our Microsoft Services Agreement and Community Standards for Xbox has occurred on the service.

Please, take a look at the Community Standards to better familiarize yourself with it.

https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards

You can also review the Services Agreement:

https://www.microsoft.com/servicesagreement

If the appeal is denied, there is nothing left to be done.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/enforcement-strike-system-faq
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

Treated poorly

Hey there justin es,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the Games With Gold titles. It sounds like you may have obtained these games via another profile. Do you by chance game share with another user? Maybe a friend or family member? It's very possible that the
    user who had your console set as home changed the home console and that would explain why it's not showing these games listed. If you've had another profile signed in on the console it's also possible that the "purchase" of the free Games with Gold games were
    attached to the other profile instead of yours.

Have you ever had another user set your console as their "home" console? Let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  4. JonnyWong86 Win User

Xbox One Controllers Breaking

Maybe not, but I'm not going to put money in the pockets of a company who have treat me so poorly.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I’ve been Consol band from a hacker and I can’t get any of my games back what do I do

You need to appeal any enforcement action within 12 months of receiving it.

As mentioned,yours is from 2019 so it's not eligible for a appeal.

If everything meant so much to you then why wait over 2 years to try & appeal the ban?

If it was a console ban then they are not eligible for a appeal.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Flawed reputation system - "Avoid Me" due to playing Call of Duty multiplayer

Treating others poorly or reacting is just the same as wining poorly

And interacting poorly

Change your behaviour and your rep just like in real life will change
Thema:

1. Why are ban appeals treated so poorly? - Similar Threads - Why are ban

2. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. Why am I banned on a game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I banned on a game: Why am I banned on a game for a year? 9e203cf3-9439-488a-b3d4-f34bdc1375d9
  6. Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn’t there better support for Enforcements I feel I’ve been wronged for these bans...: [img] [img] Please help tell me what I did wrong I run a vendor in fallout 76 now I can’t play I don’t want to get banned again but I still want to use the looking for group to stay connected to...
  7. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  8. why was i banned ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why was i banned ?: hi my gamertag is JJtopFr4gz, i was just playing gta v and made a group post and i invited someone and about 5 seconds later i was banned for 4 days, i know it's not long but i would like to know...
  9. Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft ban people for the most dumbest reasons?: I'm recently got a 2 day suspension ban on my account for posting on a LFG: " W 30 nuke cards 100c each, and OverDrive 70c each" with no appeal and customer support not being able to do anything...
  10. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...