Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd?

Discus and support Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Usiaste, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Usiaste
    Usiaste Guest

I just upgraded my PC's motherboard and all and also upgraded to win 11 (big mistake I know) and i wanted to play starfield from the pc game pass app but whenever I try to install any game pass game to my hdd instead of ssd I get an error, I tried changing the main path too but the app will auto switch the path back to my ssd. I've tried so many things but i am unable to find an actual helpful workaround. The message I get is as follows, " Try again later | Something happened to this app, we're working to fix the problem. | Error Code: 0x80070002" Please help me.

:)

Usiaste, Sep 11, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Starfield requires you use the SSD, so thst would be the first issue
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Usiaste,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

Hello Usiaste,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you’re having trouble installing Xbox Game Pass games on your HDD after upgrading your PC’s motherboard and operating system to Windows 11. The error code 0x80070002 that you’re seeing typically means that your PC can’t find the item you want. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as issues with the Xbox Live Core Services, problems with the Microsoft Store, or Windows Update being disabled.

Just to make sure, if you try to install the game to the SSD, it works fine, correct?

How about other data like documents, are you able to place or move them to your HDD?

Have you tried installing other games? How did it go? Did you get the same behavior when you try to install Starfield?

First, can you confirm that your HDD is properly connected and recognized by your PC? You can check this by going to "This PC" in File Explorer and seeing if your HDD is listed there. If it's not, you may need to check your connections or consult your motherboard's manual to ensure that it's properly installed.

Assuming your HDD is properly connected, it's possible that the Xbox Game Pass app is having trouble recognizing it as a valid installation location. One thing you can try is manually setting the installation location for the app. Here's how:

1. Open the Xbox app and click on your profile picture in the top right corner.

2. Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.

3. Click on the "Storage" tab.

4. Under "New apps will save to," select your HDD from the dropdown menu.

5. Click "Apply" to save the changes.

If the app still isn't installing to your HDD after making this change, you can try resetting the app. Here's how:

1. Open the Start menu and search for "Apps & features."

2. Scroll down to the Xbox app and click on it.

3. Click on "Advanced options."

4. Scroll down to the "Reset" section and click "Reset."

5. Follow the prompts to reset the app.

If neither of these solutions work, it's possible that there's an issue with the Xbox Game Pass app itself. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that resolves the issue. Here's how:

1. Open the Start menu and search for "Apps & features."

2. Scroll down to the Xbox app and click on it.

3. Click on "Uninstall."

4. Once the app is uninstalled, go to the Microsoft Store and search for "Xbox Game Pass."

5. Click on "Install" to reinstall the app.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  5. mydefposse Win User

Zoo Tycoon - Which Game Pass???

Thank you, this is what I thought, however Xbox Support via live chat confirmed to me that this is not on PC game pass which is why I am unable to download it from the store for free. They said the game is only available "discounted" on Game Pass for PC. Which is not what my screenshots indicate and is false advertising.
  6. Digitalhigh20 Win User

Can't install games

I can confirm I'm having the exact same issue. I can install and play other Game Pass games, but am specifically unable to install Slay the Spire.

Interestingly enough the Xbox for PC app seems to think the game is already installed on my computer as it displays in my game list within the app (left hand navigation pane). Though, if I hit "Play" nothing happens.

I've restarted my PC.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Xbox app.

I've tried clicking the "uninstall" option presented to me (since the app thinks it's already there).

None of these are working
Thema:

1. Why am I unable to install xbox game pass games on my pc to my hdd? - Similar Threads - Why unable install

2. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...
  3. Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.”...: I am trying to join a friends world on minecraft (he’s on Nintendo switch and I am on Xbox) but every time it just says “unable to connect to world. The world is no longer available to join.” Can...
  4. Why is dragging unable in Edge?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is dragging unable in Edge?: I'm disappointed that even when using a keyboard AND mouse you are unable to drag anything. For example, when I am working on something I like to use PiP(picture in picture) mode for YouTube....
  5. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  6. Why am i unable to download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i unable to download a game?: Trying to redownload fortnite at the moment and it says i own the game despite it not being in my games and apps, then says i need to update the game (not optional) and then proceeds to tell me...
  7. Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox saying it's unable to take action when I reported a spam message?: I keep getting spam messages from bots. Advertising "romance" games and such. I report them as such and then get a message from Xbox saying they're unable to take action....
  8. why am i unable sign into onedrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i unable sign into onedrive: unable to sign into games and one drive facbd86f-af6f-468b-a227-ad463ccb163f
  9. Minecraft: I bought java and bedrock but I am unable to install java edition. Why would...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft: I bought java and bedrock but I am unable to install java edition. Why would...: I bought both of them Im sure and I can install and play bedrock but not java edition. I have had bedrock for a month or two now and still cant install java. 09096e37-7f75-4832-8cb9-aaf569f5f87e
  10. Why I am unable to select second SSD drive for instalation of the content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I am unable to select second SSD drive for instalation of the content?: In my "GamePass PC app / Settings / General / Change where this app installs games by default" I can see the secondary SSD drive, but I am unable to select it, even when clicking on that second...