Why am I not being refunded after my account was hacked?

Discus and support Why am I not being refunded after my account was hacked? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In the middle of the night about a month ago, someone random “joined my family.” I 1. did not know I automatically had a family account 2. did not know... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by angie n2, Dec 19, 2023.

1. angie n2
    angie n2 Guest

In the middle of the night about a month ago, someone random “joined my family.” I 1. did not know I automatically had a family account 2. did not know the person who joined my Microsoft family. Upon the person joining, within an hour they joined, had access to my banking info, bought $100 worth of Xbox gift cards, and left the family.

I have reached out to support numerous times and my refund has gotten denied or the representative stops responding. I didn’t ask for someone to enter my family, nor did I ask for them to have access to my banking info. I was simply emailed that someone had joined my family and purchases were made— no invitation code, nothing about the individual (except a fake name), or approval/deny.

:)

angie n2, Dec 19, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Angie! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft. We do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

Unfortunately, the only option to request a refund is through the Xbox refund webform:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

According to Independent Advisor, Gerardo CG: (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...request/8bcbfa91-e8d0-4cd1-ae55-570668533c23)

"If your refund has been denied, and you believe it's an error because you haven't requested any other refund this year, please reply to the email you received informing you of the refund rejection. In your response, explain in detail the reasons why they should reconsider their decision and why you believe they should accept it. This is the only way to appeal the rejection and get back in touch with the team that originally handled your refund request.

In case you haven't received any email informing you of the refund rejection after 24 hours, even after checking your spam/junk email folder, then I recommend reapplying for the refund using this alternative link:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund "

I would also recommend you secure your Microsoft account further to prevent this from happening again by changing your account password on account.microsoft.com > go to Your info > manage how you sign in > change password.

You may also remove your payment card on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > payment option.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Turv3y Win User

Account hacked Twice

They got the info probably the first time you were hacked, As they can gain access to your name address and all that jazz. That is also why I am a bit skeptical after being hacked. I added under my EA account and Xbox accout billing information under
    the second address line in caps, DO NOT ASSIST WITH ACCOUNT RECOVERY I WILL NOT FORGET MY OWN PASSWORD. As noted in a forum post by a moderator.
  4. GINJANINJA2k Win User

Xbox Live Account

I am now the owner of it my dad is so ill ask him but I also get error messages as well as disconnections that's why I was asking about my account being hacked.
  5. Xpaulboii1888x Win User

someone's been hacking into my xbox live account. need assistance!

the same thing has happened to me my friend but the only difference in who ever hacked my account has been hacking others with it cause i am 10th and 15th on most call of dutys how can i get my account back after being wrongly banned
  6. HippedTunic996 Win User

Completely and utterly D O N E

I've heard that before. Three times.

Yes, that's it. They also have no record of my account being hacked or the refund I was issued.
Thema:

1. Why am I not being refunded after my account was hacked? - Similar Threads - Why being refunded

2. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  5. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  6. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  7. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...
  8. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  9. What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...

in XBoX on Windows
    What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...: Was trying to get a refund on purchased in-game content but was denied continuously after multiple attempts at disputing at was met with the same robo-message about Section 15....
  10. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...