Why am I not able to join group posts or create them?

Discus and support Why am I not able to join group posts or create them? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I haven't been able to create/join group posts since I made this account, I know it isn't my settings and I've tried to switch my account I other Xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Fallen Ash, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Fallen Ash
    Fallen Ash Guest

I haven't been able to create/join group posts since I made this account, I know it isn't my settings and I've tried to switch my account I other Xbox, but it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if my Gmail or Outlook that I use for my Xbox account may have something to do with me not being able to join/create group posts?

:)

Fallen Ash, Aug 25, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Fallen Ash,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, when using your Xbox account, you are unable to join group posts or create them. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. When you say it is not related to your settings, have you check you online and privacy settings of your account like setting allow to create and join clubs and can join multiplayer games?

2. Is your account not managed by parent or organizer under Xbox Family settings app? For child account, only parent or organizer can change the settings of online and privacy settings. Child account can only see those settings.

To make sure that your online and privacy settings are properly configured, see the steps on how to check and make sure to set them correctly.

• In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit
    To enable chat for people not on the child's friends list:

In the table header:

1. Click Privacy
    2. Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    3. Select Friends or Everyone then click Submit.
    To enable adding and removing friends

1. Log in to https://account.xbox.com/settings
    2. In the navigation tabs click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    3. Select Allow for You can add friends
    4. Press Submit

for your reference, see: Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Casper Jamieson Win User

I can't use the looking for group feature

Hello Kim, I am having the same problem where I cannot create/join group posts. My Xbox(s) just says, unable to join/create group.
  5. CYA007 Win User

create and joining group post

Hi,

Sorry that you have issues with groups. Contact Xbox Support they should be able to help you. Thank you for using the forum.
  6. Francia J. Win User

I can’t create or join a group or post

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

We may need to perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
Thema:

1. Why am I not able to join group posts or create them? - Similar Threads - Why able join

2. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  3. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  4. Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not able to join when i play with my friend: Ive been trying to play with my friend for a while but whenever i join its not letting me. It just says “unable to connect to world” 2ed46b5a-12a5-4e54-9cfe-d5b9098e9fc2
  5. I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know why it is not possible to be able to use an Xbox 360 controller to play Xbox...: I mean seriously tho. It is mainly because my Xbox One controller is in bad condition and has bad drift on both analog sticks. i love playing the fallout series along with alot of other games i...
  6. Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why aren’t all bans able to be appealed: More of a statement then a question, I hate how I have a gamer pic with absolutely nothing wrong, or inappropriate, but Microsoft bans all my online activity that I [mod removed] pay real money I...
  7. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  8. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  9. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  10. Why am I getting loaded into empty lobbies for battlefield 2042 and not being able to join...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting loaded into empty lobbies for battlefield 2042 and not being able to join...: Why can't I join a game in battlefield 2042 and only being loaded into empty lobbies 51d66f21-9a4d-4479-a61f-7fa1799fe363