Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

Discus and support Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob Anderson, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that I am connected and shouldn’t be having issues. Yet updates and downloads don’t work. Little to no progress is made on them and when progress is made it’s at 150 kilobytes per second. A far cry from what the network tests say I should be receiving.(150-300mbs). I am also experiencing issues with connectivity in any online game. Essentially I am connected to the internet but my Xbox is acting like it isn’t. I’ve tried everything Xbox support had to no avail. Anyone know what is causing this and have any fixes?

:)

Jacob Anderson, Apr 7, 2024
  2. OUgroundGAME Win User

Validation Codes with Game Discs?

Apparently everybody is playing offline. That's why they complained so much. This despite being able to connect to the internet to complain about having to connect to the internet.
  3. zDarkPunk Win User

Why am I having connection issues?

I have the same problem, it is not your xbox, it may be our servers. when this happens restart your internet and it is solved, if it persists contact our technical support :)
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Calum,

Thanks for coming to the forums with the issue with internet connection. We recommend if you haven't you can

port forward
    . This opens up ports directly that the Xbox uses along with game servers. Also the best connection is wired. Personally even with wired for me my download speed goes up and down. If not sure how to port forward your ISP can assist you in doing
    this also. Nat type can change when you connect to the game server. For example when I played any call of duty my NAT would become strict on game server but open on my Xbox. I port forwarded had no issues after that.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. DanMen334 Win User

try to connect via ethernet, or the problem is your internet provider that doesn't give you a stable signal
  6. MerSauta Win User

Did your ISP changed the wires outside leading from your house to the pole? If not, that could lead to some of the problems you're having due to faulty wire connections to the house/pole. I had the same problem before, but I got all the outside wires changed
    and never had a problem since then.
Thema:

Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

1. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the... - Similar Threads - Why having issues

2. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  3. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  4. Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it so long to load up any game i have a issue with this: Why does it take so long to load up any game i am having a issue with this 35815371-c7ca-470e-b24a-585a98e090b9
  5. Why am I having a memory issue for COH3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I having a memory issue for COH3: Trying to take ortuna in the Italian campaign and it crashes before I can even take the first capture point popping up a message saying I'm out of memory how is that even possible when I have no...
  6. Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a major issue with my xbox, why is it when i put my password in it comes up with a...: Ok so been having issues where i access the store or something password related. When i hit enter on said password it comes up with a grey screen and once i press back it says its having osshes...
  7. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  8. I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues: I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account and I can’t sigh into my account period, kinda annoying!!!!! 5d16ca68-602a-4116-b587-f8dd7e4d58bc
  9. Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox having so many issues after performing an offline update?: Around last October to November I was having trouble swapping to a different game so held down the Xbox button and pressed restart console and when it turned on I got error E106 tried...
  10. I already had support fix my issue and now I have the same issue. Why does my Java edition...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I already had support fix my issue and now I have the same issue. Why does my Java edition...: I literally have already gone through the process of recovering my old account and switching my email to the one I use now on my Microsoft account. I got my Java edition back, but now they took it...