why am i being told to buy cold war when i already own it??

Discus and support why am i being told to buy cold war when i already own it?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; so i bought this game when it first came out then barely played it but today i decided id reinstall it & give it another try. however im being told to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Going Hulk, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Going Hulk
    Going Hulk Guest

so i bought this game when it first came out then barely played it but today i decided id reinstall it & give it another try. however im being told to buy the game that i already own, if it can't simply work id really appreciate my money back. im not doing extra stupid steps to try to make it work, if i buy a game i should be able to play it plain & simple. i mean if i don't own the game then how'd i download it?? amazing

lol update i went offline & im allowed to play everything offline cause i clearly own the game but y'all are like BUY THIS AGAIN when i go back online

:)

Going Hulk, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Going Hulk Win User

turns out it was vanguard i bought..but that only makes me more confused cause i can play black ops cold war zombies & campaign offline & never bought it lol
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Going Hulk

Well... its hard to know why you can play Cold War offline

Exists the possibility that you're game sharing this game with someone else if you have more than one profile added in your console
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Going

Exists the possibility that you purchased the game with a different account. Let's try to find the account used to purchase this game

For this please go to your Microsoft account order history
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Once there, make sure to change the "3 months" filter and use instead "All available" next to "Ordered within"
    Then start looking each item purchased with your account and see if you're able to find the game with order status "completed"

If you have more than one email please check the order history with each one
  5. bean meraki Win User

I already own COD: cold war?

Thanks Ron, I did what you had mentioned and when I did so (after ro checked if it was completed) it now says i nee do purchase the game. Though, it says i have the purchase completed
  6. OpticRJames Win User

I already own COD: cold war?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please log in to your account at this link, https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Look for the transaction you made for the game there. If the status is completed, please try the steps below to sort out the issue.

Using your console, please go to the

store>find the game>go to choose edition>manage>and reinstall all the content packs. After that, try launching the game and see if it works.
Thema:

1. why am i being told to buy cold war when i already own it?? - Similar Threads - why being told

2. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  5. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  6. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  7. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...
  8. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  9. Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?: Despite earning well over 500 points this week and my account stating that I am level 2, I am not being given a level 2 discount for redeeming. It only presents the level 1 pricing for redeeming....
  10. Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?: Its now been over 4 months since this [mod removed] began. I see people making excuses because its in "beta". "You're trying to eat at a full restaurant, you have to wait for a table". Wrong. I...