Why am I being denied a refund?

Discus and support Why am I being denied a refund? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Connor Davidson, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Why am I being denied a refund?

I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not owned it for more than 13 days. I meet both of those criteria. When I contacted Xbox support they said that they do not do refunds on digital games that have been played. I have refunded digital games in the past that I have played. So why now am I not receiving a refund for this game?

:)

Connor Davidson, Feb 8, 2024
  2. BipolarPlayer Win User

Lawn mower simulator ancient Britain dlc

Yeah I tried to reply and despite my explaining why I wanted a refund it was denied again. I am past thinking this is just bad luck. I believe they intentionally want to deny my refund. Which if Walmart sold you an empty box you would instantly get a refund.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Why are my refunds being denied

Hi, Dizzy! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your refund request and I understand that your account was compromised. I know how frustrating it is and I would totally feel the same way if I were in your shoes. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

If you think your IP address has been attacked/hacked such as a DoS or DDoS attack, I recommend resetting your router and contacting your internet service provider (ISP) immediately.

A complete reset requires turning off the power to your networking equipment for 5 to 10 minutes. This will increase the likelihood that you’ll get a new IP address, to which the attacker won’t have access.

Also, report the gamer as soon as possible, here's how:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, go to People, and then do one of the following to find the player you wish to report:

If the player is a friend, select Friends, and then select their Gamertag.
    If the player isn’t a friend, select Recently played with, or select Find someone and enter the player’s gamertag to search. Once you find the player, select their gamertag.
    From the player's profile, select Report or Block, and then select Report.

Choose your category and reason for the report. Make sure that you choose the most accurate category, as this detail is important to ensure Xbox Safety can investigate the issue properly.
    Select Add comment to provide more info, and then select Submit.

As for the account being hacked, please follow the interactive tool using the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

This should lead you to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate the unauthorized purchases made by the hacker.

You may also check these links for future reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/file-a-complaint
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/dos-attacks-faq

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. KindGryphon Win User

My son charged almost $600. On my card without my permission for not even one purchase I approved of.

My son charged almost $600. On my card without my permission.l requested a refund the same day and it was denied. Why?...I really need that money back. Why can't I speak to someone on the phone. What can I do. It doesn't say why it was denied. Roblox? I call the number online. Just a recording for prompt that gets you no where
    If the purchase was for roblox (im assuming virtual currency) then was any of the virtual currency spent? If so that would be one reason a refund being denied. In game currency that has been purchased and spent is non refundable.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

We Happy Few Refund/Return

Hello Shady,

I am not sure how the refund process works I do know there are support agents dedicated just to the refund requests. If they have reviewed and denied the request, there are many things that come into play from what I know of. ( example previous refunds how
    long you have the game, policy etc). You can reply to the email that you got when you were denied and find out why the refund was denied.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Devin Lancaster Win User

Getting a refund on an xbox digital game.

1. Toy Soldiers HD

2. I do not have a secondary email on my account.

3. The last refund I requested was on 11-25-2021

I am eligible for a refund based on the information you provided which I already stated in my original question. That is why I am here. I should not have been denied based on what you guys say is eligible. My request was put in on the same day as purchase and the game was played for only 1 hour and 9 minutes which is not a significant amount of time. I was denied and the reason being was that I played the game. There is nothing anywhere that says if a game is played at all then it can't be refunded. Only if a significant amount of time has been played on the game which isn't the case here.
Thema:

Why am I being denied a refund?

1. Why am I being denied a refund? - Similar Threads - Why being denied

2. Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having issues with downloading and connectivity despite being connected to the...: For a bit of context this issue has been going on for the last few days. My series X is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cord. I have run all of the network tests and they all show that...
  3. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  4. Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Gamerscore constantly being altered?: Since last October and throughout every month as I earn Achievements my Gamerscore obviously reflects that.The problem arises when after initial correct display within minutes it has been reduced...
  5. why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my audio being picked up through the xbox and not my microphone: when playing with my friends my mic wasn’t working/ “sounding like i was talking through a microwave” so they muted my chat and it still said it was picking up audio so i then completely unplugged...
  6. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...
  7. Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I being charged for something I never purchased?: Why am I being charged for something I never purchased? 0c2dfc80-7d46-4fc5-9e8e-cd9c884aadb0
  8. Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not receiving level 2 discounts for redeeming despite being level 2?: Despite earning well over 500 points this week and my account stating that I am level 2, I am not being given a level 2 discount for redeeming. It only presents the level 1 pricing for redeeming....
  9. Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?: Its now been over 4 months since this [mod removed] began. I see people making excuses because its in "beta". "You're trying to eat at a full restaurant, you have to wait for a table". Wrong. I...
  10. What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...

in XBoX on Windows
    What is Section 15 of the Microsoft Terms of Sale and why is my refund being denied because...: Was trying to get a refund on purchased in-game content but was denied continuously after multiple attempts at disputing at was met with the same robo-message about Section 15....