Who is going to wait to buy games?

Discus and support Who is going to wait to buy games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bet even if we knew what games would be free in future, people would still pay money to have them today. Minecraft for example, now there's loads on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingvas78, May 14, 2014.

  1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    Who is going to wait to buy games?


    I bet even if we knew what games would be free in future, people would still pay money to have them today.

    Minecraft for example, now there's loads on this forum like me that cannot wait for this so question, if it was released today but you had to pay, or wait 3 months and get it for free, what would you do? I know my money would be gone as soon as it was released
    and I bet that's the same for quite a few others and not just with Minecraft.
     
    Lofty Who, May 14, 2014
    #31
  2. xenomorph v1
    xenomorph v1 Guest
    Overreaction thread much?

    This is all new territory here folks... This is just a storm in a teacup... Once things settle down and we see how it works in the real world... Then grab your pitchforks if it's not good...

    Until then... Chill out.

    I don't hear PS+ subscribers complaining... And if this will essentially be the same model... Neither should we.

    Imo of course.
     
    xenomorph v1, May 14, 2014
    #32
  3. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    I will wait for some discounts....But not interested to wait to rent games,even AAA games.
     
    Tzar of kaos, May 15, 2014
    #33
  4. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    No. If I want to play a game, I will buy it and play it. I think in total I've downloaded a whopping 1 game from GwG, and that was Gears of War, a game I had already owned/played in the past. I don't need any MS handouts. Who is going to wait to buy games? :)
     
    Eggnogga, May 15, 2014
    #34
  5. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Ill still buy big AAA titles. But the indies/arcade games will be a definite wait and see approach
     
    x24hrs2livex, May 15, 2014
    #35
  6. I waited on Powerstar Golf, Lococycle & Crimson dragon thinking they would be free first, plus it was at launch and had other things to play.

    I didn't wait on Max & Halo SA because it was December and wanted to play them.

    I also didn't wait on Strider, Child of Light & STF, because they are good and wanted to play now.

    So it really depends on what is released when and how much I want to play them.
     
    CollapseControl, May 15, 2014
    #36
  7. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest
    I am not butth-urt for buying Halo:SA. I think the changes they have made will increase sales. I am a tad disappointed that it only took 7 months to cave.
     
    xXCamhawkXx, May 15, 2014
    #37
  8. GTA3Rockstar
    GTA3Rockstar Guest

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Who buys anymore when you have gamefly? Who is going to wait to buy games? :p
     
    GTA3Rockstar, May 15, 2014
    #38
  9. Okay, so if MS follows the same trend as they did on the Xbox 360, they'll release a new game or 2 (sometimes more) each week; with GwG, they'll release 2 games a month for free. Since there's 52 weeks in a year, that's about 104 games (and will more than
    likely be more than that) released; Out of those ~104 games, you'll only be getting 24 free games a year at most with GwG, since there's only 12 months in a year. This means that there's still going to be 80 games for you to spend money on. Happy shopping!
    Who is going to wait to buy games? ;)
     
    Galactic Geek, May 15, 2014
    #39
  10. GTA3Rockstar
    GTA3Rockstar Guest
    And using Bing's
    Reward
    system you can earn Xbox Live credit.
     
    GTA3Rockstar, Oct 31, 2018
    #40
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Okay, so if MS follows the same trend as they did on the Xbox 360, they'll release a new game or 2 (sometimes more) each week; with GwG, they'll release 2 games a month for free. Since there's 52 weeks in a year, that's about 104 games (and will more than
    likely be more than that) released; Out of those ~104 games, you'll only be getting 24 free games a year at most with GwG, since there's only 12 months in a year. This means that there's still going to be 80 games for you to spend money on. Happy shopping!
    ;)
  12. GTA3Rockstar Win User

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Who buys anymore when you have gamefly? :p
  13. xenomorph v1 Win User

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Overreaction thread much?

    This is all new territory here folks... This is just a storm in a teacup... Once things settle down and we see how it works in the real world... Then grab your pitchforks if it's not good...

    Until then... Chill out.

    I don't hear PS+ subscribers complaining... And if this will essentially be the same model... Neither should we.

    Imo of course.
  14. smileskybird Win User

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    As soon as Minecraft, Halo, Final Fantasy XV, and Project Spark are out (as well as any The Sims game), I will get it straight away. These are the only games I'm interested for Xbox 1 so far.

    Have COD, BF4, Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Titanfall, NFS Rivals and Forza on Xbox 1 but only really play Forza and Zoo Tycoon. Just cuz a game is free doesn't mean I'll get it. It has to have good graphics and a game I like. If there's a game I really like,
    I won't wait until the possibility of it being available free.
  15. Epic Louie Win User

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    I'm too impatient. I'm going to continue to buy games once they release. I don't like waiting, especially if I'm looking forward to that particular game.
Thema:

Who is going to wait to buy games?

Loading...
  1. Who is going to wait to buy games? - Similar Threads - going wait buy

  2. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  3. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  4. Can’t seem to go disk to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t seem to go disk to digital: I’m in omega group .. I’m using an xbox ONE s but when I put my games in the option isn’t there for me to go from disk to digital any ideas??? Do I need to go back to Xbox one ?? submitted by...
  5. Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.: Been waiting for this update since it was announced. No issues before. Ever. Update drops and I find out my disc drive doesn't work anymore. Been using digital for awhile but have some discs to...
  6. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  7. Bug report counter not going up?

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug report counter not going up?: Hi everyone! I just reported a bug on my Xbox and it said "submitted." But, my report counter did not go up on my Xbox insider profile. Is the counter itself bugged, or are my reports not...
  8. Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider on the Xbox insider app

    in XboX Insiders
    Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider on the Xbox insider app: Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider updates on the Xbox mobile app because that would be super cool submitted by /u/Temporary-Degree1863 [link] [comments]
  9. Does anyone know when we are going to get new previews

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when we are going to get new previews: Know when we’re gonna get on the Xbox insider app because I would like to know because I completed all of them except the understanding video gameplay by Oxford because I think it is invite only...
  10. Are you going to fix cloud gaming wait times?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you going to fix cloud gaming wait times?: The air times are seriously getting crazy. Do you have plans to fixing this? 8f7ed348-e24f-4f37-baae-e1f55274e7f9