Who is going to wait to buy games?

Discus and support Who is going to wait to buy games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Idk Kingvas, I've already got too many games as it is. I never finish those indi games but i'll most defo download them. I'm playing through AC4 again... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingvas78, May 14, 2014.

  1. Who is going to wait to buy games?


    Idk Kingvas, I've already got too many games as it is. I never finish those indi games but i'll most defo download them. I'm playing through AC4 again for some reason and FF14 online, both time consuming. Watchdogs is a must though,,,,,,,,,,
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, May 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Depends how bad I want the game. I will happily buy games at full price that I really want to play. Even if I knew that 3-6 months down the line the game would be part of the GWG program I would still buy it.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, May 14, 2014
    #17
  3. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    @BSTN.... who is worked up? Why would anyone buy a $14 game if it will be free or greatly discounted a couple months down the road? You compare GwG to PS+..... I don't own a PS and never will so I really don't care.... don't compare apples to oranges...
    this is X1 forum....

    -

    And I haven't bought a game for my 360 since GwG came out...... 2 games a month I have never played keeps me occupied...
     
    kingvas78, May 14, 2014
    #18
  4. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Kingvas have you not been reading this forum There are a lot of people very worked up.

    I all ready told you why somebody would buy that 15$ dolar game at release because if it's the same as PS+ you will usually get a discount for the first week. Or you can gamble on a sale or it going free it's your choice.

    It's the way retail works now what's the problem. You go buy a day one for 60$ a couple of weeks later you see if for half price at BestBuy on sale do you not buy new games because of it. You make a big boy choice. If it's a game you want now you pay the
    premium and you do it knowing for a fact the price will drop very soon.

    People are about to get more added value for there membership and somehow it's a bad thing
     
    bstn617, May 14, 2014
    #19
  5. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    As long as that " added value" doesn't mean increases in live fees, and as long as it doesn't come at the expense of live services...if both consoles start to compete in the "free/sale" game program space they have the potential to do damage. Of course gamers
    will be happy (unless fees escalate) but the devs/publishers have the potential to get hurt, especially indies or less financially stable companies.
     
    Burnin TODI, May 14, 2014
    #20
  6. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    BSTN...I've been reading this thread..... and as I stated clearly PS+ is irrelevant to a X1 forum thread..

    -

    Don't refer to me and my purchases as a "big boy decision" .... I paid $499 for my X1, never squawked... I never compare consoles (PS vs Xbox) like the dead beat silvers do.... but I do buy a GOLD membership......

    -

    I fully understand how retail works, unfortunately many don't. My point was why would I buy a arcade game at release when it MAY go on sale a few weeks later. A game available today will be available tomorrow.... I never panic and impulse a game......
    I guess that what separates the kids from the adults..... this is NOT A BAD THING..... don't attempt to twist threads and cause bickering.
     
    kingvas78, May 14, 2014
    #21
  7. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    Kingvas I understand this is not PS+ say something thats not obviouse. But it is relevent. what was irrelevent is your first two paragraphs.

    All I can say to you then is @Kingvas78 IMO don't buy any games save your money and wait till they are free or on sale... It's fine by me I don't get a cut. if you don't want to actually discuss the topic forget about it.
     
    bstn617, May 14, 2014
    #22
  8. Who is going to wait to buy games?

    Waiting for a game is kinda stupid imo. I'm not interested in "renting" a game. If I'm interested in a game and am willing to pay what is being asked for it, I get it. That simple.
     
    Goth Vampirella, May 14, 2014
    #23
  9. Epic Louie
    Epic Louie Guest
    I'm too impatient. I'm going to continue to buy games once they release. I don't like waiting, especially if I'm looking forward to that particular game.
     
    Epic Louie, May 14, 2014
    #24
  10. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    bstn... I haven't bought a game on my 360 since GwG released.... woot!

    -

    The big name games on the X1 will be bought accordingly....
     
    kingvas78, May 14, 2014
    #25
  11. Mafivee
    Mafivee Guest
    Oh I will most definitely be waiting on future purchases as I wouldn't want to splash out on something when it could potentially be free.

    I should be safe though as I very rarely buy a lot of new games.
     
    Mafivee, May 14, 2014
    #26
  12. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    super time force looks awesome but i think ill wait now.

    I just dont want it to drop anytime near september as that's Destiny time
     
    iBakez, May 14, 2014
    #27
  13. ZombieDeano
    ZombieDeano Guest

    Who is going to wait to buy games?

    If a game comes out that I want I will buy it there and then. Discounts are obviously very welcome, but it's not the deciding factor for me to buy a game.
     
    ZombieDeano, May 14, 2014
    #28
  14. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    I'm exactly the same as Epic Louie, I'm just too impatient lol

    Hopefully there will be a few titles that I'll be able to get for free but I'm just going to carry on as normal.
     
    Lofty Who, May 14, 2014
    #29
  15. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    As soon as Minecraft, Halo, Final Fantasy XV, and Project Spark are out (as well as any The Sims game), I will get it straight away. These are the only games I'm interested for Xbox 1 so far.

    Have COD, BF4, Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Titanfall, NFS Rivals and Forza on Xbox 1 but only really play Forza and Zoo Tycoon. Just cuz a game is free doesn't mean I'll get it. It has to have good graphics and a game I like. If there's a game I really like,
    I won't wait until the possibility of it being available free.
     
    smileskybird, May 14, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Who is going to wait to buy games?

Loading...
  1. Who is going to wait to buy games? - Similar Threads - going wait buy

  2. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  3. What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?

    in XboX Insiders
    What are the requirements for going from the Beta to Alpha insider ring?: I have been an insider for around 6 1/2 years (been on the beta ring for 1/2 a year) and I was wondering what the requirements for the alpha ring were. All the Xbox support article says is that it...
  4. Can’t seem to go disk to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t seem to go disk to digital: I’m in omega group .. I’m using an xbox ONE s but when I put my games in the option isn’t there for me to go from disk to digital any ideas??? Do I need to go back to Xbox one ?? submitted by...
  5. Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pour one out for me. Xbox is going in for repair.: Been waiting for this update since it was announced. No issues before. Ever. Update drops and I find out my disc drive doesn't work anymore. Been using digital for awhile but have some discs to...
  6. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  7. Bug report counter not going up?

    in XboX Insiders
    Bug report counter not going up?: Hi everyone! I just reported a bug on my Xbox and it said "submitted." But, my report counter did not go up on my Xbox insider profile. Is the counter itself bugged, or are my reports not...
  8. Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider on the Xbox insider app

    in XboX Insiders
    Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider on the Xbox insider app: Do you guys think we are going to start getting insider updates on the Xbox mobile app because that would be super cool submitted by /u/Temporary-Degree1863 [link] [comments]
  9. Does anyone know when we are going to get new previews

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when we are going to get new previews: Know when we’re gonna get on the Xbox insider app because I would like to know because I completed all of them except the understanding video gameplay by Oxford because I think it is invite only...
  10. Are you going to fix cloud gaming wait times?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you going to fix cloud gaming wait times?: The air times are seriously getting crazy. Do you have plans to fixing this? 8f7ed348-e24f-4f37-baae-e1f55274e7f9